• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Death Dealer Adventure?

Harley Stroh

First Post
Does any of this Death Dealer module have anything to do with the old Fire & Ice movie?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sz-yLWGaIxM"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sz-yLWGaIxM[/ame]

I wish. :)

But, no. The adventure is faithful to the comic series, which is independent from Fire & Ice.

//H

Last edited:

Daern

Explorer
Deathdealer

Re: Fire and Ice, in my regular War of Fire and Ice campaign there is a barbarian named Blackwolf...

So, for the finale of the adventure I thought it would be cool to throw in a twist. It's something I worked with in my last campaign, Legacy of Brutality, wherein a character discovered the The Horned Helm of the Beastlord on a battlefield... in any case, the twist will be that ONE OF THE HEROES BECOMES THE DEATHDEALER and then attempts to slay everybody.
I'm not sure exactly how it is gonna happen but here is the basics of what I came up with. Bear in mind that this is for a one-shot game the includes merciless Critical Hit and Fumble tables, not a regular campaign. Cheers!
(it's spoilered in black for some reason. Sorry. At least its fitting)
Horned Helm of the Deathdealer

"With just a touch of my burning hand,
I send my Deathdealer to rape this land
Prime directive, exterminate,
The whole human race"

This savagely horned helmet is wrought of a dark metal that seems to absorb light. A veil of chains hangs from the visor. Donning this helm instantly subjects the wearer to chaotic images of bestial violence. The dark core of existence is laid bare. The spectre of the Deathdealer appears upon his warhorse and raises his axe to strike. The Deathdealer is sent to cull the living through this living vessel. The Helm may not be removed. The Deathdealer is driven to wade through battle killing indiscriminately.

Powers: The wearer of the Horned Helm sees the awful blood-soaked truth of existence. His vision is bathed in the color of blood. The pulse of each living thing's fragile heart is a beacon.

· Raging Soul: Lose 3d6 Wisdom
· Indomitability: Gain Resist all 10
· Avatar of Battle: 2 Action Points Each Day
· Steed from Hell: Nightmare Mount
· Field of Blood: At Will; Close Burst 1; Str vs Reflex; [1]W + Str dmg; target is knocked prone.
· Unquenchable Fury: If slain, the Deathdealer rises from the dead in 24 hours. If the body is destroyed, the Helm seeks a new vessel.

Whenever blood is drawn, the vessel of the Deathdealer must make a Saving Throw or fly into a reckless blood frenzy of that only ends when all living things within sight have fallen. The Deathdealer may choose to attempt another Save every three rounds, but must continue to Save every round he attacks.

"Upon donning the horned helmet, your nostrils are assailed by the smell of burning blood and a curtain of crimson descends upon your eyes. A deep pulsation fills yours ears. At first it seems to be your own heartbeat, until it becomes apparent that it is that of another. A heartbeat? or a footstep? Through the crimson mist appears a mounted warrior. Inevitably it approaches, fleeting visions of carnage and destruction pass through your fevered brain and yet perhaps the warrior never moves, only growing in your sight as the world burns about him. Looming overhead, Danzig speaks:
I crawl inside your soul
Nestle in your brain
Stand you on your head
Crouch you on all fours
Oh I will walk among your dreams
When you think you are asleep
The invitation of your mind
Beckons me to your sin
All the things that you say and feel
For I will be inside your speech
Say the words you must not say
For I will lurk inside your heart
If you can take it and survive
As it must ever be
It's ever been
Through my oppressive black sleeping
It has always been
As it must always be
Possession

Harley Stroh

First Post
So, for the finale of the adventure I thought it would be cool to throw in a twist. It's something I worked with in my last campaign, Legacy of Brutality, wherein a character discovered the The Horned Helm of the Beastlord on a battlefield... in any case, the twist will be that ONE OF THE HEROES BECOMES THE DEATHDEALER and then attempts to slay everybody...

Way, way, way too fun. Please let us know how it turns out.

//H

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads