• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Death in Freeport

Voadam

Legend
Erekose13 said:
My suggestions would be:
reduce HD to 1d10 (vs. 4+1d6)
saves: Fort good, refl/will bad
Bab: switch Bab bonus at every four levels to a + to hit (Bab=more attacks per round sooner)
Weapon Styles/Expertise/Mastery: cost 2* weapon pool points per use.
Class defense bonus: drop it.

Those look good to me. What weapon are you thinking of specializing in?

Voadam

Legend
Dire Lemming said:
Wow, this sounds really interesting. I don't own most of those books though, just the 3.5 SRD, Forgotten Realms, and I've seen the planescape stuff. I'd be interested in playing a vigilante flashy finesse fighter with a bit of magic and social skills. Is there any class you can suggest for that besides bard?

No skills are cross class so a fighter can max out bluff and diplomacy.

For a bit of magic you have a bunch of options with just those choices:
* Psychic warrior class
* You could gestalt with a caster class.
* I think spellfire or whatever it is called is available as a feat in the FRCS.
* Play a race with spell-like abilities (gnomes, tiefling, aasimar)
* I think there is a feat in FRCS that gives you minor spell-like abilities
* Cleric class would give d8 HD, some magic, medium BAB, and simple weapons; could be tailored to a finesse style fighter.

If you are using the www.d20srd.org online srd there are variant rules options from Unearthed Arcana in the variant rules section that add other options: battle sorcerer variant, bard variants, etc.

Almost every core class except the dedicated caster ones could be a finesse style warrior, even paladin and clerics could do it moderately well.

Dire Lemming

First Post
Hm, now that I think about it, not having magic might actualy fit my character a bit better... So maybe I'll be a fighter... the only problem is... making the character sheet... erg... I hate that part. :heh:

Dire Lemming

First Post
Hm, now that I think about it some more, fighters get way to few skill points...

Erg... Is there a class with a reasonable number of skill points and a reasonable ability to fight but without magic? I'd go for a rogue but I don't need any of that stealth stuff, and I need more weapon skills. :\

Blind Azathoth

Explorer
Arcana Unearthed's Unfettered might be what you're looking for; it gets only 4+Int skills, but it's a well-built, lightly-armored duelist sort of warrior, with bonus feats, sneak attack, a nifty parry ability, full BAB, and d8 hit dice.

...the gestalt Expert/Fighter isn't a bad idea, though. Everybody should gestalt Expert! :D

Erekose13

Explorer
Gestalt is a rule in Unearthed Arcana where you get to combine the best of 2 classes. so in the case of Expert/Fighter you get the Bab, HD, and Fort of the Fighter and the Will save + skills of the Expert. Then you get all the abilities of both classes at each level. Of course this is a more powerful character, thus the penalty in point buy that Voadam has put up.

Remove ads