• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Death of a Character

Thalias

First Post
My current campaign is set in a pre-historic world that my DM created. the majority of the characters in the campaign are Kobolds. Right now we are exploring some curious going ons in the mines for the King. My Rogue has been with the party from the beginning and has survived an assasination atempt from the mage. The mage sent a letter with one of the characters spider to the temple of a deity. My character at this time was drained to 0 STR. The spider carried the letter and me to the temple. The letter basically said that I had been drained of STR and the mage wanted them to find a cure for it, but kill me, because I had committed treason, which I haven't. However in a bizarre twist of events I was not killed. Instead my legs were amputated, and I was given a tale. I was also given some regenerative properties and some claws that I can retract(think wolverine from X-men). After this surgery was complete the "Doctor" that did this showed me the letter the mage wrote. The mage doesn't know that I have seen this, and so now I am trying to find away to bring about his demise with out him knowing it was me, so an all out on him wouldn't be good, especially for my image.

presumed_druid

First Post
First thing, kill the spider. Take your time, but kill the spider. Your revenge will be sweeter if you can watch him cry over his precious arachnid.

It sounds like the character has undergone some intense changes. Use this to your advantage with a disguise. Follow him. Feign friendship. However you do it, make it ironic. Maybe he can be poisoned as well. Then, when he begins trusting you...

Hey, wait a minute here. You're both PC's right? What started this vendetta? Wouldn't thigs go a lot smoother, and probably be funner if you fought against monsters and enemies, rather than each other? For the most part, there have been very few examples of PC's trying to kill each other in any games I've been in (although it has happened, usually to the detriment of the game).

Maybe instead of immediate revenge, your character should try finding out why the mage did what he did. Could it be a case of a wily DM doing a bit of "bait and switch", mixed up with "divide and conquer"? Maybe the mage isn't responsible at all.

Thalias

First Post
First off the spider belongs to another PC I should have made that clearer. I am back with the party so he knows of my changes. I either want to bring about his demise or humiliate him, I have started this already. My group is constantly passing notes to our DM. Plots between and against each other, both minor and major are always happening. The mage was sort of assigned leader of the party, the King gave us this task, and gave the royal orders to him, and they are needed to get back into the palace, however he nolonger has the orders. I do. Great skill called pickpocket. So it maybe be easier on everyone to go the route of humilation. However I don't want the humilation to end at him simply losing the orders.

Arc

First Post
And you finished me well, Thal. I'm the mage who _should_ have killed Thalias (if the DM hadn't been merciful), but Thalias brought about my demise in a very nice way. The great thing about a lawful evil society, I found out, is that the court system can be used to great effect. I've technically got a month before my character's death, but I'm making a new char to make up for previous deficiencies.

I'm actually kinda happy about the death. The mage was an odd sorcerer variant that has a limited spell list, but a few new spells based of FF magic (ie black, time, etc). What's even more exciting is that since my character will die, the DM has, by rote, allowed PKs. :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads