Death to all Cat People!!

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
Cat people should be lazy, vain, hedonistic, ill-tempered, and superior-acting.

But the game already has Elves....

I'll confess to designing a cat-person race. I derived it from Final Fantasy XI's Mithra. Mynxy prankster women who savagely hunt down prey and irk people with their lack of ability to take things seriously. They ain't revolutionary, that's for sure.

I'll leave the surprises for the Clavats and the Guado. ;)

Feldspar

Explorer
Jürgen beat me to the punch with that pic, but here's another good one from the same artist.
She's saying, "This isn't kawaii... this isn't kawaii AT ALL!"
sp3001.jpg

You can buy the poster of this here.

HeapThaumaturgist

First Post
For my part, I generally shy away from anthro-kitties.

Anthro-anything, really.

Most of my home-brew settings are 100% non-human free. They have RACES ... but, whether the people playing it or not realize, they're just divergent human stock.

Which usually leads to interesting things later on.

Non-human races, for me, are usually extremely so. Which I like. If a fey creature LOOKS human, it's probably just to get closer so they can eat you.

--fje

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
I'm not a huge fan of cat people in RPGs, but that's because a large percentage of the RPGs I've read that deal with cat people portray them as buxom and/or muscular sex objects. And that frightens me. It frightens me because I know that such fetishization of cats means that somebody, somewhere, secretly wants to get it on with a house cat. And, of course, that frightens me because I know that the possibility exists I might find out that such a person is sitting at my game table.

jdrakeh said:
It frightens me because I know that such fetishization of cats means that somebody, somewhere, secretly wants to get it on with a house cat. And, of course, that frightens me because I know that the possibility exists I might find out that such a person is sitting at my game table.

Always remember:

No matter what you are doing, at any given time of day, some fetishist somewhere is getting off on the exact same thing.

:]

Now that we have implanted images in your brain you can never scrub clean, we return you to your regularly scheduled thread.

Numion

First Post
Ripzerai said:
Rakastas are a race of proud, intelligent, neutral-aligned catlike humanoids from the Mystara setting. They're fine artisans, have a code of honor called the Sri'raka, and ride sabre-toothed tigers into battle. The Sri'raka compels them to never refuse to fight, to either carry their wounded back with them when they retreat (or, if this is not possible, to kill them), to hope to die in battle as the most honorable form of death, to neither give nor accept mercy, to retreat only to regroup, to attack again after a retreat within two sunrises, and to never, ever surrender. They first appeared in an adventure called Castle Amber in the early '80s.

Wow. That basically sums up whats wrong with catpeople. Well of course it lacks the sexual stuff, but it's probably just because it was written in TSRs politically correct days ;)

C'mon, cat people riding sabre-tooth tigers to battle? Should ape people (humans :)) ride silverback gorillas into battle?

Maggan

Writer for CY_BORG, Forbidden Lands and Dragonbane
Numion said:
C'mon, cat people riding sabre-tooth tigers to battle? Should ape people (humans :)) ride silverback gorillas into battle?

Hell, yeah! That would be totally cool! And a killer combo as well.

Let's see ... Silverback Gorilla ... new monster ... Glorious Gorilla Gladiator ... a new prestige class ... and hey presto!

:D

/M

Maggan

Writer for CY_BORG, Forbidden Lands and Dragonbane
Mouseferatu said:
Always remember:

No matter what you are doing, at any given time of day, some fetishist somewhere is getting off on the exact same thing.

:]

Hmmmm ... at the moment I'm browsing EN World ... hmmmmm ... so you mean that ... disturbing. :D

/M

Numion

First Post
smilinggm said:
The oldest "Cat-Person" race in RPG's that I am aware of are The Aslan from Traveller. The Aslan (to humans) appeare to be Lion Like in appearacne, but have no relations at all to any Terran feline stock. The Aslan have a long and detailed culture.

That doesn't make sense at all. The game already has Vargr, the wolf-men, which specifically are engineered from terran stock wolves. Then the aslan, which are lionistic to the teeth, including manes for males only, are totally independent of terra? Just happen to be that way, huh?

Even their culture seems to draw cues from earthly lions.

Remove ads