December '08: What Are You Reading?

delericho

Legend
Time for a new thread.

In fiction I'm currently reading "Twenty Years After" by Dumas, which I'm really not enjoying. It's quite clear he got paid by the word - I've endured 150 pages of nothing much happening, and it doesn't look like much is about to happen either.

I doubt I'll finish that before Christmas now.

In RPGs, I'm currently reading Pathfinder 15, which is pretty good. Next up will be "Gods and Magic" for the Pathfinder setting, which looks good, too. Additionally, I need to spend some time re-familiarising myself with "Star Wars Saga Edition" for a campaign starting in the new year.

Eridanis

Bard 7/Mod (ret) 10/Mgr 3
I've not had much reading time lately. I'm thinking about rereading the Plieocene Exile series, but I'd really want to take some good notes to start a wiki on the setting, and I just don't have time to do that correctly. I've been paging through various D&D Player's Handbooks (1E, RC, 4E) deciding what game I want to run next year. (Still leaning toward 1E.)

I still have Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell looking at me from the pile next to my bed, as well as Naomi Novik's latest Temeraire hardcover and Brust's latest Dragaera novel. Children of Hurin lies there half-finished. I need to stop surfing the web at night and get cracking!

Darkwolf71

First Post
Oh my, What aren't I reading this month. I need to cut back so I can actually finish something. Updated version of Lies My Teacher Told Me. Inside Delts Force, upon which the TV series The Unit is based. The Elfish Gene: Dungeons, Dragons and growing up strange, about growing up in the 70s/80s playing D&D. The Living Dead, a collection of zombie short stories. The Elinium, hoping to get The Tamuli soon, but I haven't seen it on the shelves of my local book stores yet. And, The Horror Stories of Robert E. Howard.

Yeah, I really need to clean off my plate. ;)

Krug

Newshound
The newest Gotrek and Felix Elfslayer, which is quite enjoyable so far.

Just finished Heart-Shaped Box by Joe Hill, Stephen King's son. Good.

EricNoah

Adventurer
I'm listening to The Diamond Age by Neal Stephenson as an audiobook.

I am reading bits and pieces of Everyday Life in the Viking Age. I'm not sure what I will delve into next.

BadMojo

First Post
I'm reading "Sails & Sorcery: Tales of Nautical Fantasy" a very cool, pirate-y, small press anthology.

I also just picked up Paul Kemp's "Shadowrealm" since I've been looking forward to that one for many months.

Wombat

First Post
And now I am officially into Blue Mars to finish the trilogy.

Soon I will be starting a large raft of Holmes reading ;)

Remove ads