• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Define some genres

Impeesa

Explorer
barsoomcore said:
AWESOME!!!

What a brilliant notion. My brain just sped up several hundred operations per second...

Glad someone likes it. ;) I have no idea what inspired that, but I still love the idea and am sorely tempted to give it a serious treatment. :)

--Impeesa--

barsoomcore

Unattainable Ideal
If I'm writing the first bad boy, I'm thinking either the legendary, the one and the only, the much-loved and long-anticipated

DINO-PIRATES OF NINJA ISLAND

or, because my brain is contrary and sometimes just wants its own way,

GUN-FU: BALLETIC BULLETICS

Committed Hero

Adventurer
maddman75 said:
One game I've fantasized about running I think I'd call Viva le Buffy. It would be a Buffy game set during World War II in occupied France. The Slayer and her friends would all be members of the French Resistance, trying to get aid and info to the allies and stop Hitler's elite Vampire SS from finding lost artifacts of occult treasure in war torn Europe.

William Stoddard ran a game called "Boca del Infierno," set in Sunnyvale during the time of Zorro.

barsoomcore

Unattainable Ideal
I can't believe that wasn't an actual Buffy episode. It seems so obvious.

Oh, and JPL, when you call me "B", I get an image of you as Faith. And me as Buffy. And it frightens me. So stop that.

JPL said:
Heh.

Reminds me of the eighties videos like Quiet Riot's "The Wild and the Young", where Big Brother / The Man was trying to stop us from rockin' out in this Orwellian dystopia. Damn you, Tipper Gore!
Every once in a while, this thread needs to be bumped so an entire new generation of ENWorld posters can discover it.

Plus, hey, here's a link to that video mentioned above. Isn't that just totally begging to be made into an RPG setting?

Remove ads