Deflect Arrows - Wither the Reflex Save?

DanMcS

Explorer
lukelightning said:
Would you rather have monks deflecting an unlimited number of arrows, only by rolling a DC that is virtually no problem?

I don't think 3.0 deflect arrows allowed more than 1 deflection per round, either.

freebfrost

Explorer
Infinite Deflection -an Epic feat - allows for this in 3.5, although I seem to recall something similar in the 3.0 days, though not to this level since it still required a Reflex save.

One easy way to incorporate this mechanic is to use a graduated scale for each successive arrow attack. For example, the character can automatically deflect the first arrow, then the next is DC 5. The next one is DC10, and so on. You can adjust the DC's to fit your desires.

Infiniti2000

First Post
DanMcS said:
I don't think 3.0 deflect arrows allowed more than 1 deflection per round, either.
Correct. 3.0 also had a very vague limitation: "Exceptional ranged weapons can’t be deflected." Wtf is an "exceptional" ranged weapon? 3.5 cleared this up with: "Unusually massive ranged weapons and ranged attacks generated by spell effects can’t be deflected." 3.0 also referred to the "magical attack bonus", another source of controversy. Not having the reflex save is a huge improvement. But, if you want to use 3.0, at least include the 3.5 clarification and stipulate magical enhancement bonus.

Remove ads