• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dehydration Attack!

Lizard Lips

First Post
My group is about to do some adventuring near a subterranean waterfall. I'd like to create some sort of mold or fungus similiar to Brown Mold. Brown Mold sucks up heat, dealin g cold damage to those who get too close. I'd like my "Purple Mold" to suck up water, dehydrating those who get too close. I was thinking of making such an attack inflict Fatigue on those afflicted, but I'd like to see if there is an existing power that mimics a "dehydration attack".

Felix

Explorer
Just mimic the effect...

Purple mold feeds on moisture, drawing water from anything around it. It normally comes in patches 5 feet in diameter, and the humidity is always 0% in a 30-foot radius around it. Living creatures within 5 feet of it take 3d6 points of nonlethal dehydration damage. Liquid water brought within 5 feet of brown mold causes it to instantly double in size. Yellow mold may only double in size once per day.* Dehydration and fire damage, such as from a Horrid Wilting or a Fireball, instantly destroys it.

If you ever want to piss off a Black Dragon, just introduce this charming little mold into his swamp. :D

*This was added so Purple Mold wouldn't take over the earth in a matter of hours.

Last edited:

Remove ads