• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Deities & Demigods continued

Vecna

First Post
Upper_Krust said:

- What if it was a dragon that ascended - seemingly Tiamat and Bahamuts Dexterity score is still 10.

If I'm right, in Motp Tiamat and Bahamut were dragons, not outsiders (I'm assuming all gods are outsiders).

What about D&Dg Bahamut & Tiamat?

Knight Otu

First Post
As it seems as if this post got lost on the first thread, I'll repost it here. :)

Thank you for clearing that (Divine Spellcasting) up, Derulbaskul! :)

But some evil influence causes me to ask more questions ;) - if you don't mind, of course!

Does the Madness domain use the madness score and the granted domain power from RttToEE and Defenders of the Faith, or the one from Dragon #294? And how many deities grant it?

Do any deities use the new prestige classes in the book? (From what I've seen after the first posting of this question, that is not the case?)

Deities do not have Challenge Ratings. Entities of this sort are so far above the realm of mortal heroes... (snip). If you fell the need to calculate a CR for a deity, try addings its total HD to its divine rank. The result may or not be an accurate estimate of what level of characters could challenge the god... (snip).

I somewhat expected this, but I'm not sure if it is really appropriate from what we have seen.

Added question - In the web enhancement, Erbin gains a salient ability named Divine Rogue - do other classes have a similar salient ability?

Asmodeus

First Post
Ooh ooh so many questions! Where shall I begin?

Howdy Knight Otu

Does the Madness domain use the madness score and the granted domain power from RttToEE and Defenders of the Faith, or the one from Dragon #294? And how many deities grant it?

It seems to be the DotF version I think. Can't really tell since I never saw the Dragon version. Only Dionysus grant this domain.

Do any deities use the new prestige classes in the book? (From what I've seen after the first posting of this question, that is not the case?)

Nope none of them use the prestige classes in the book. So far the only ones seen are Loremaster and Assasin.

Howdy Vecna,

What about D&Dg Bahamut & Tiamat?

Both of them have dragon subtypes with the addtion of DR. Eg. Bahamut has 53d12 for hitdice.

Howdy Upper Krust,

Could someone with D&Dg post Lolths ability scores

No problem. Firstly she has the standard 20 outsider hitdice. She is cleric 20/fighter 10/wizard 10. She has 820 hp.

Her ability score are as follows-
Str-24
Dex-29
Con-22
Int-41
Wis-41
Cha-32

I think thats all for today.

Just too bad they do not address stats for the creation for a god at all in the book.

Asmodeus

First Post
Sorry Knight Otu,

Did not see your last question at the end. Yup there are several divine class salient abilties. There is a divine bard, druid, monk, paladin, ranger and rogue.

Vuron

First Post
In regards to proxies vs avatars

Avatars require the usage of a Salient Ability Slot, divine rank of 6 and a charisma of 29+ . Furthermore if destroyed the avatar cannot be reformed for a year. Combine that with the fact the higher level salient abilities are generally no longer accessable and the fact that the avatars "burn up" remoting sensing slots definitely limits thier utility.

Roleplaying reasons for proxies: They are independent and can offer a different more mortal perspective, they can be relatively unique and powerful (a god without any rogue levels might enjoy a rogue proxy), and they might allow a god to reward particularly loyal followers to his/her cause. All in all they have a lot of good things going for them :)

Concerning the progression of BaB and Saves: To my knowledge both DDG and ELH follow the general rule concerning Bab progression and saves progression, I think this is a good step to prevent excessive accumulation of high BaB and saves. Just remember kids that if you want your 4 attacks get them early in your epic career they are a pain to get later :)

Drew

Explorer
Well, I REALLY want to get to work stating out the gods of my homebrewed world. How can we figure out the rules the designers used for stats? Would it be worth posting the question to the (shudder) Wizards message boards? Is an E-mail to Skip in order?

justinsluder

First Post
I've just done some calculating of my own, and it seems the ability scores of a deity are equal to 24 +/- racial modifiers plus an additional 15/16 + divine rank ability points to distribute in addition to those skill points gained by having class levels.

I've only worked this out for four of the deities from D&Dg, and I'm planning on working them all up like this and I'll post the results when I have them.

I knew it'd pay off to be good at simple math someday. :)

Justin Sluder

orbitalfreak

First Post
justinsluder said:
I've just done some calculating of my own, and it seems the ability scores of a deity are equal to 24 +/- racial modifiers ....

Justin Sluder

Seems reasonable. Lolth: Base Con 24, Elf -2 Con = 22 Con.

I can't wait to get my hands on this book. I've only heard good things about it so far. Me Want Book!

AmerginLiath

Adventurer
justinsluder said:
I've just done some calculating of my own, and it seems the ability scores of a deity are equal to 24 +/- racial modifiers plus an additional 15/16 + divine rank ability points to distribute in addition to those skill points gained by having class levels.

I've only worked this out for four of the deities from D&Dg, and I'm planning on working them all up like this and I'll post the results when I have them.

I knew it'd pay off to be good at simple math someday. :)

Justin Sluder

I think its base 24/each, plus 21 plus DR plus class advancement bonuses (Outsider HD doesn't give ability upage)

Adding Lolth's stats together, you get 189.

189 - 14 (DR) - 21 (base) - 10 (for 40 levels) = 144

144/6 = 24 (eleven mods still add to +0, so the average doesn't change...)

Works for all the other gods I've seen too, regardless of DR...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads