• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Delta Green d20 is coming!

Jürgen Hubert

First Post
Finally, there is proof that the reprint of Delta Green has a phyical existence in this dimension!

WherethehellisDG.jpg

And as you can see, this version has the d20 logo - meaning that it has all stats needed for running it with Call of Cthulhu d20 (or any other d20 variant you prefer for modern-day adventures).

To all who don't have Delta Green yet: Order it now. This book is considered a significant milestone in horror gaming in particular and gaming history in general. This is the book that took the Cthulhu Mythos and updated it for the modern age. This is one of the best gaming supplements ever - only topped by its sequel, Delta Green: Countdown (which is still in print).

So get it - if you are interested in horror gaming at all, you won't regret it!

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
When I hold it in my hot little hands (and no one will be happier to see it than me), I'll actually believe it. Until then it's a mirage. A mirage, I tell you!

Nebulous

Legend
HOW? Where? Are these just sitting in a warehouse somewhere? It still might be an evil illusion just to taunt us...

Oh, i see. Taiwan...

I never read the original DG...what is it like? I imagine it to be like the X-files for Cthulhu. Does it come with an adventure?

Last edited:

Jürgen Hubert

First Post
Nebulous said:
I never read the original DG...what is it like? I imagine it to be like the X-files for Cthulhu.

Sort of, though it actually predates X-Files in its earliest incarnation.

It borrows strongly from UFO lore, explains the secret government conspiracy theory, and what precisely the Greys are and how they fit into the Mythos.l

The Greys are little more than automatons of the Mi-Go, who wanted human allies who would cover up their experiments. They found them in Majestic, a group that was founded by the US government after the Roswell "crash" (actually a fake provided by the Mi-Go as an "intelligence test", and in the 1980s entered a compact with them, posing as the Grey. They feed them tech and knowledge in exchange for cooperation, though Majestic has no true understanding of the Mythos - to them, they are simply dealing with extraterrestrials.

Oh, and after Bush Senior left office, Majestic has decided not to inform Clinton about their existence "for reasons of national security". Since Delta Green was written during the Clinton era, later political developments have not been incorporated - though such topics are a frequent point of discussion on the Delta Green Mailing List. The Steering Comittee of Majestic is now lead by someone who uses the technology for his business interests - and now desperately pushes them for medical advances to treat his cancer, no matter what the human cost. The other members of the Council are also fairly morally dubious, with one or two exceptions...

Delta Green used to be a US government agency that was originally created during WWII for "occult-related psychological warfare" as a part of the OSS, but was disbanded after the invasion of Cambodia during the Vietnam War, which they used as a cover for their own activities (an operation that got very wrong indeed). Now the group continues to exist - as an illegal conspiracy within multiple US law enforcement agencies who use and abuse government resources to fight the Mythos. They use a cell structure to keep the group secret. This setup allows for a neat explanation just why investigators should come together to investigate Mythos incidents, and allows for plausible explanations for the arrival of replacements if one member dies or is otherwise removed from the picture.

That's the gist of it, but there's an awful lot of detail in that book that covers the details - plus several other groups the PCs might get involved with.

Does it come with an adventure?

Two adventures and a mini-campaign with fairly high stakes.

bento

Explorer
[putting on 'ye old curmudgeon hat]

About time - now that WoTC is no longer supporting d20 Modern with new product and everyone is talking about going to the next big thing.

I hope their faith in fan's enthusiasm is better than their market timing.

I'll look at it, but I haven't purchased d20 Dark Matter yet...

Nebulous

Legend
Jürgen Hubert said:
They use a cell structure to keep the group secret. This setup allows for a neat explanation just why investigators should come together to investigate Mythos incidents, and allows for plausible explanations for the arrival of replacements if one member dies or is otherwise removed from the picture.

Two adventures and a mini-campaign with fairly high stakes.

Right there, it solves the biggest problem in a CoC campaign, a good reason why complete strangers team up to battle unfathomable odds. I can't wait to pick this one up.

Jürgen Hubert

First Post
bento said:
[putting on 'ye old curmudgeon hat]

About time - now that WoTC is no longer supporting d20 Modern with new product and everyone is talking about going to the next big thing.

I hope their faith in fan's enthusiasm is better than their market timing.

Let me put it this way:

The last big supplement - Delta Green: Countdown - was released in 1999. Seven years ago.

Yet the Delta Green Mailing List had more than 3000 messages last year.

This should tell you just how strong the fan enthusiasm is - even after all this time.

I'll look at it, but I haven't purchased d20 Dark Matter yet...

Delta Green is better. Trust me. And yes, I know how much praise Dark Matter has gotten.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads