• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Delta Green d20 is coming!

rowport

First Post
Jürgen Hubert said:
It's not about possible player characters - it is a serious about antagonists and other organizations that the PCs might encounter. The three chapbooks published so far cover:

- The Mi-Go, the major villain race of the setting.
- The Fate, a very sinister and influental club/criminal organization based in New York where people sometimes go when they need to enter Faustian bargains.
- Project Rainbow, a US government project that went very wrong indeed.
Aha! Got it, thanks, Jurgen. So, does it include game stats or is it just 'fluff' text? If it has stats, are d20 included?

Sorry to be a pest, but I did not see that info in the product description!

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Jürgen Hubert said:
I think this was discussed on the DG List at some point, but I think the problem was that this would have violated the terms of their licensing deal with Chaosium. Don't ask me for the specifics, because I don't know them...
Wow, a company that has done its best not to be a major commercial success sets up conditions for third parties not to prosper, either. What a surprise. Sucks if you're a player, but oh well ...

Jürgen Hubert

First Post
rowport said:
Aha! Got it, thanks, Jurgen. So, does it include game stats or is it just 'fluff' text? If it has stats, are d20 included?

Sorry to be a pest, but I did not see that info in the product description!

I've never gotten the original chapbooks myself (and you can bet that I am ordering one this time), but I do think they had some minor BRP stats. I have no idea if they will include d20 stats this time - the press release didn't mention it.

EditorBFG

Explorer
Whizbang Dustyboots said:
Wow, a company that has done its best not to be a major commercial success sets up conditions for third parties not to prosper, either.
Yeah, Chaosium hates money.

They seem to do everything they can to ensure that they will not turn a profit under any circumstances. The eager way in which they barely attempted to capitalize on the d20 CoC by dual-statting one small line of books that weren't going to sell well anyway was predictable-- it seems all Chaosium really wanted to accomplish was "proving" that people hated d20. Like the way people hate McDonalds, Starbucks, and Windows.

Third-party Delta Green material won't happen. We're lucky there is a book. I love CoC and Delta Green like I love no other game properties out there, but I wish the publishers could put more stuff out that I want to buy.

Son_of_Thunder

Explorer
Jürgen Hubert said:
But 150 copies are not much, especially now that interest in Delta Green will probably rekindle.

And this is a book you can order right now - so don't hesitate! Don't worry, most of this book is perfectly useable without the Delta Green core book - you can use the groups described in it in any modern-day horror game (and with some alterations even in fantasy campaigns, as I have said above...).

From my searching this is the only place to still get Countdown right now. FRPgames is out, NobleKnight is out and there's a copy on eBay with current bid of $71.00.

Jürgen Hubert

First Post
Someone on RPGNet got his preview copy:

That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And in strange aeons even death may die.
-Abdul Alhazred​

0418071936.jpg

It's here - it's real - and it's totally sweet!

0418071939a.jpg

I was one of the lucky few to win a preview copy of the new Delta Green, and it finally arrived today. I just got home, so I haven't gotten much of a chance to look through it, but overall it looks pretty good. It's hardcover, 336 pages long. The whole book is in black and white, and high quality paper (it's roughly the same sort of stock as 2nd Editon Exalted).

As far as I can tell, the text is identical to the old book, with the addition of d20 stat blocks. There's even a even a note in the introduction that the book is still set in 1997. There's mention of a "New Millenium" sourcebook, I suspect it may be a while before that materializes.

Still, it's finally coming. It may have taken almost a decade, but it's finally coming! :D

0418071939.jpg

Renfield

First Post
My... my preciousssssssss.....

That being said I can't wait to aquire this book, where can people order this? Does the publishing company have a website?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads