[Delta Green] Operas and Avatars: Burn

Gomez

First Post
Babel Systems
Washington DC

Katrina sat at her desk. The small cubical with it's tan dividers prevented her from seeing anyone else in the large office space on the 5th floor of Babel Systems corporate building. The walls muffed the sounds that her co-workers and their various activities. Though the steady tone of fingers hitting keyboards was ever present.
Her first week at Babel had been a whirlwind of new employee orientations, medical exams, and paperwork. Yesterday she had finally is introduced to her project team and its manager Tom Bickford. He seemed to be a nice guy. Kind of laid back for a boss though. Her team was working on an accounting software package for large corporations. Right now they were in the finishing stages of the project and she had been give the job of de-bugging part of the code. While it was not too difficult it was time consuming. And with their deadline it looked like she would be working overtime.
A round balding head peeked over the divider to her right. "Excuse me do you have some staples?" the man said with a sheepish look on his face. He looks to be in his mid 40's, slightly overweight large brown eyes, and a pleasant smile. "Oh! My name is Marty Combs. I think I saw you in the project meeting yesterday. Pleased to meet you." He extends a hand over the divider to shake your hand.

Last edited:

G

Guest 11456

Katrina Sue Yoppeigh : Female Computer Programmer

The woman follows suit with her own hand, while standing up. As she shakes his hand she nods. "Katrina Yoppeigh! I am glad to meet you Mr. Combs. I am still getting settled in. I'm not sure if I have any staples." She begins to rummage through her desk. It was already full of items when she arrived as if someone had left it pretty well stocked. After a bit she finds a box of staples. "Here we go!" She hands the box over to him and smiles an obviuosly forced smile. "Well! Back to the code." She motions to her computer.

Gomez

First Post
He seems oblivious to your attempt to end the conversation. "Oh please call me Marty." he says with a big smile. "So where did you work before coming here? I have worked here for about 4 years now. Great place. Tom, I mean Mr. Bickford is a great boss. He isn't like some of the hard asses in administration. Katrina that’s a nice name. Yoppeigh? What nationality is that? My father's family comes from Wales and my mother is half-Irish and half-German. If you need any help or just someone to talk to I am right next door." :)

G

Guest 11456

Katrina just nods and smiles as he talks and then when she gets a chance. "Well! Those bugs aren't going to fix themselves." She glances down at her computer monitor and then back at Marty Combs.

Gomez

First Post
Marty looks at you for a second and then to your computer. "Oh....sure.....I have a load of work to do myself." He seems to pause to think about something and he looks nervous. "Later how about some lunch? I know a killer pizza place just down the road."

G

Guest 11456

She nods as he withdraws back to his side of the cubicle wall. At first she wants to say no, but she knows so few people here. "OK! Pizza sounds good."

She returns to her debugging...

Gomez

First Post
Katrina goes to lunch with Marty at Frank's Pizza. It appears to be a hole in the wall pizzarea but it is jammed packed with people during lunch time and the pizza is excellent. Marty seems to loosen up a bit and amazingly enough you have a good time. You get the feeling that Marty is just trying to be friendly.

Coming back to the office, you notice that some items on your desk have been moved and your chair has been pulled out. One of your file drawers is partially open as well.

G

Guest 11456

Katrina stares for a moment at the sight of the rearranged items. At first she is mad, but then she becomes curious. What were they looking for? She decides to take some time and search the area for anything of interest. (Search +13)

Gomez

First Post
Searching your desk, you notice that your CD case containing work related information has been opened. Also the music CD that you had in your computer is laying on the top of your computer. You had been listening to it as you were debugging this morning. You don't remember taking it out.

G

Guest 11456

CSI being one of Katrina's favorite shows, she tries to determine more information without touching anything. She tries to visualize what the cast of CSI would do in such a case. She looks at the music CD to see if she can spot any finger prints. She looks at the CD case for finger prints. She pretends that she is at a crime scene. What fun.

Remove ads