Democratic Monster Creation or something

capnfro

First Post
Death Knell?

Nightcloak said:
Hunt: The _________ operates under a continuous death knell affect in a 120 foot radius. This allows the __________ to hunt down and find an opponent in underground or urban settings as well as target weak opponents to eliminate first.

Hey Nightcloak did you mean death knell or deathwatch?

Nightcloak

First Post
capnfro said:
Hey Nightcloak did you mean death knell or deathwatch?

*Runs and digs out copy of Players Handbook 3.5. and flips to spell discriptions and to death...*

D'oh!

Must be thinking of a different spell or dating myself. I'll change my post. Thanks for the catch! :)

Mr_GrinReaper

First Post
I was wondering about that...

I just thought it was a crazy part of the spell that I hadn't read yet...

Now that I think about it, this critter should be able to cast death knell as a spell like ability at will, it kinda goes along with its other proposed abilities, don't it

Rapida

First Post
Ok I'm putting all of the suggested powers on one post, as more are made up I will edit this to add them. Tell me if I missed one.

Shadow Rejuvination: By drawing shadow essence from the plane of shadow, ________'s can regenerate themselves, giving them regeneration 5 but they are delt normal damage by positive energy or good, also, this ability only functions if the ________ is in partial or total shadow
Hunt: The _________ operates under a continuous deathwatch affect in a 120 foot radius. This allows the __________ to hunt down and find an opponent in underground or urban settings as well as target weak opponents to eliminate first.
Negative Energy Overflow: The damage caused by the skulls is from all off the negative energy the skulls give off. It follows the same rules as swarm damage but causes the damage to be negative energy not physical damage. This also has the side effect of curing undead if in the same square as them.
Damage Reduction 10//Magic and Good
Unholy Toughness: This gives it charisma bonus to hp rolls, since it doesn't have a constitution this will help its life out.
Negative Energy Taint: Any spell that uses positive energy cast within 60 feet of a _______, uses negative energy damage instead of positive energy damage. This causes it to harm living creatures and heal undead creatures. (If this is to powerful we could change it to do 50%, that would effectively negate it.)
Flight: A ________ has a fly speed of 60 ft, perfect
Life Siphon: A ________ can drain 5d8 hitpoints from an undead creature as a standard action. This heals the _________ by equal amount of damage. (Basically the creature siphons off a part of the undead's negative energy to charge itself.)
Spell Like Abilities: Harm 1/day, Enervation 3/day, Death Knell At will, Control Undead 3/day
Maddening Babble: The muttering and chattering of the skulls confuses anyone trapped in their midst. Any creature caught within the swarm at the beginning of their turn must make a Will save (DC 20) or be affected by the confusion spell. DC is Charisma based.

Last edited:

Rapida

First Post
Ok Now we vote on powers and the # the creature has. Here are my powers I want the creature to have.

1 Negative Energy Overflow: The damage caused by the skulls is from all off the negative energy the skulls give off. It follows the same rules as swarm damage but causes the damage to be negative energy not physical damage. This also has the side effect of curing undead if in the same square as them.
2 Damage Reduction 10//Magic and Good
3 Hunt: The _________ operates under a continuous deathwatch affect in a 120 foot radius. This allows the __________ to hunt down and find an opponent in underground or urban settings as well as target weak opponents to eliminate first.
4 Flight: A ________ has a fly speed of 60 ft, perfect
5 Life Siphon: A ________ can drain 5d8 hitpoints from an undead creature as a standard action. This heals the _________ by equal amount of damage. (Basically the creature siphons off a part of the undead's negative energy to charge itself.)
6 Negative Energy Taint: Any spell that uses positive energy cast within 60 feet of a _______, uses negative energy damage instead of positive energy damage. This causes it to harm living creatures and heal undead creatures. (If this is to powerful we could change it to do 50%, that would effectively negate it.)

So i voted for it to have 6 powers.

capnfro

First Post
Here are the ones that I vote for. I changed the spell-like abilities a bit.
1. Hunt: The _________ operates under a continuous deathwatch affect in a 120 foot radius. This allows the __________ to hunt down and find an opponent in underground or urban settings as well as target weak opponents to eliminate first.
2. Negative Energy Overflow: The damage caused by the skulls is from all off the negative energy the skulls give off. It follows the same rules as swarm damage but causes the damage to be negative energy not physical damage. This also has the side effect of curing undead if in the same square as them.
3. Damage Reduction 10//Magic and Good
4. Unholy Toughness: This gives it charisma bonus to hp rolls, since it doesn't have a constitution this will help its life out.
5. Negative Energy Taint: Any spell that uses positive energy cast within 60 feet of a _______, uses negative energy damage instead of positive energy damage. This causes it to harm living creatures and heal undead creatures. (If this is to powerful we could change it to do 50%, that would effectively negate it.)
6. Flight: A ________ has a fly speed of 60 ft, perfect
7. Life Siphon: A ________ can drain 5d8 hitpoints from an undead creature as a standard action. This heals the _________ by equal amount of damage. (Basically the creature siphons off a part of the undead's negative energy to charge itself.)
8. Spell Like Abilities: Enervation 1/day, Death Knell At will, Control Undead 3/day

Mr_GrinReaper

First Post
1 Shadow Rejuvination: By drawing shadow essence from the plane of shadow, ________'s can regenerate themselves, giving them regeneration 5 but they are delt normal damage by positive energy or good, also, this ability only functions if the ________ is in partial or total shadow
2 Hunt: The _________ operates under a continuous deathwatch affect in a 120 foot radius. This allows the __________ to hunt down and find an opponent in underground or urban settings as well as target weak opponents to eliminate first.
3 Negative Energy Overflow: The damage caused by the skulls is from all off the negative energy the skulls give off. It follows the same rules as swarm damage but causes the damage to be negative energy not physical damage. This also has the side effect of curing undead if in the same square as them.
4 Unholy Toughness: This gives it charisma bonus to hp rolls, since it doesn't have a constitution this will help its life out.
5 Negative Energy Taint: Any spell that uses positive energy cast within 60 feet of a _______, uses negative energy damage instead of positive energy damage. This causes it to harm living creatures and heal undead creatures. (If this is to powerful we could change it to do 50%, that would effectively negate it.)
6 Flight: A ________ has a fly speed of 60 ft, perfect
7 Spell Like Abilities: Harm 1/day, Enervation 3/day, Death Knell At will, Control Undead 3/day
8 Maddening Babble: The muttering and chattering of the skulls confuses anyone trapped in their midst. Any creature caught within the swarm at the beginning of their turn must make a Will save (DC 20) or be affected by the confusion spell. DC is Charisma based.[/QUOTE]

Y.O.Morales

First Post
OK here are my votes (and the reasons why):

Flight (it just seems to be the logical and obvious form of locomotion for such creature).
Unholy Toughness (this one plus Damage Reduction and Shadow Rejuvenation are for toughening the creature. I dont like the Shadow Rejuvenation cause it's dependant on the shadow plane, and the damage reduction will be easily overcomed by characters of the expected, high levels. So I vote for Unholy Toughness).
Negative Energy Overflow
Maddening Babble (I definetly like these last two. They simply add a new twist to the Swarm type by replacing the usual swarm damage with negative energy and the distraction ability with the babble)
Spell Like Abilities (for extra ammo)
Life Siphon (just damn cool)

Rapida

First Post
Ok sorry about the wait. We will take the top 7 special abilities because thats the average
Flight 4
Unholy Toughness 2
Negative Energy Overflow 4
Maddening Babble 2
Spell Like Abilities 3
Life Siphon 3
Shadow Rejuvination 1
Hunt 3
Negative Energy Taint 3
Damage Reduction 2
Spell Like Abilities: Inflict Serious Wounds 2/day (replaces harm), Enervation 2/day, Death Knell At will, Control Undead 3/day
Damage Reduction 10//Magic and Good
Finalized powers unless I miscounted the votes
  1. Flight
  2. Negative Energy Overflow
  3. Spell Like Abilities
  4. Life Siphon
  5. Hunt
  6. Negative Energy Taint
  7. Damage Reduction (It was voted for first, only way I can see to decide on this one)

Rapida

First Post
Construct Swarm (Incorpereal)
HD 15d10
BAB 11/6/1
Base Fort 5
Base Ref 5
Base Will 5
Skill Points (2+int)x4, 28+(intx14)
6 Feats

Anyway, my vote for the ability scores are
Str --
Dex 18
Con --
Int 14
Wis 12
Cha 16
Powers
  1. Flight: A ________ has a fly speed of 60 ft, perfect
  2. Negative Energy Overflow: The damage caused by the skulls is from all off the negative energy the skulls give off. It follows the same rules as swarm damage but causes the damage to be negative energy not physical damage. This also has the side effect of curing undead if in the same square as them.
  3. Spell Like Abilities: Inflict Serious Wounds 2/day (replaces harm), Enervation 2/day, Death Knell At will, Control Undead 3/day
  4. Life Siphon: A ________ can drain 5d8 hitpoints from an undead creature as a standard action. This heals the _________ by equal amount of damage. (Basically the creature siphons off a part of the undead's negative energy to charge itself.)
  5. Hunt: The _________ operates under a continuous deathwatch affect in a 120 foot radius. This allows the __________ to hunt down and find an opponent in underground or urban settings as well as target weak opponents to eliminate first.
  6. Negative Energy Taint: Any spell that uses positive energy cast within 60 feet of a _______, uses negative energy damage instead of positive energy damage. This causes it to harm living creatures and heal undead creatures. (If this is to powerful we could change it to do 50%, that would effectively negate it.)
  7. Damage Reduction 10// Good and Magic

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases