• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Demonic Lore II

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
Shade said:
Was Lissa'aere the Noxious among those that made the cut? ;)

Shemeska said:
Not that one so far as I've seen.

incorrect! :) she survived. Lissa'aere the Noxious sometimes aids the evil archomental Yan-C-Bin's schemes against his good counterpart, Chan, having proven herself a determined opponent. :)

also, another demon reference that survived: Sunnis, the good earth archomental, detests Ugudenk and Zuggtmoy, whose foul minions despoil the earth. :)

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Like Zuggy's not already despoiling enough stuff already. ;)

In any case, Wells of Darkness is something I am looking forward too, but not as much as either Into the Maw (interested to see how damn dark Robert J Schwab can go in a Dungeon adventure...) or Enemy of my enemy. (You can all guess why...)

Ripzerai

Explorer
From the Living Greyhawk Journal #5:

"The ursine figure is in fact a guardinal, a normally chaotic good outsider dedicated to contemplative philosophical pursuits. In late 591 CY, a group of adventurers from Safeton known as the Crimson Cadre sold the creature to the arena for a pretty penny, claiming to have captured it in an expedition to the Pomarj. In fact, the beast’s name is Abulax the Even-Handed. Captured by the cadre after he foiled their attempt to unleash the demon lady Ahrimanes to assist the forces of Turrosh Mak, the creature now suffers under a powerful magical compulsion. Abulax outwardly revels in his new destructive role while inwardly seething with rage at his current status. If released from his ordeal he might be able to point his benefactors in the direction of the Crimson Cadre, who no doubt plan to renew their demonic quest."

I knew I remembered seeing a reference to Ahrimanes as a "demon lady" somewhere. So, anyway, previously neglected Ahrimanes fluff.

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
from The Orcs of Thar:
"The favorite gnoll Immortal, Ranivorous is also called Yeenoghu in gnollish tribal dialect."

Ripzerai

Explorer
It's difficult to use 0D&D Mystaran sources with AD&D/3e D&D, though, since the basic assumptions are so different. Ranivorous' biography isn't the same as Yeenoghu's, nor should it be.

KL

First Post
This is exhaustive!!!

Anyway, I didn't really go through all this in details, did you include the bogannar? a six-armed monkey-demon from WOTC's website?

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
thanks Eric. :) i'm updating the first page, removing some stuff from Demogorgon which was mentioned in his Demonomicon article...

Last edited:

Remove ads