Demonic Lore II

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
hmm, definitely need to update this thread with new info from the last several issues of Dungeon, one of these days! :)

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
from the Dragon #357 thread:

Ripzerai said:
"The Ecology of the Kopru" a few issues ago offered an alternative origin for Demogorgon - that he is the child of two mothers, the Elder Evil Shothotugg and a being called Prukal who the kopru believe personifies the sky.

Now, this may be extremely unlikely (how would Demogorgon then be a tanar'ri?), and I'm more inclined to believe Iggwilv than the savage and superstitious kopru in matters regarding the Abyss, but it's out there for those who are interested. I like the "two mothers" angle because it implies that Demogorgon was once two separate beings, perhaps welded together by the unnatural experiments of the obyriths.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Knights of the Dinner Table #124 had a feature regarding the Demon Lords of Tellene (the world of the Kingdoms of Kalamar setting. It covered six Demon Lords, each of which had several paragraphs of detail, as well as what their favored weapon was, their domains, and I think some other info.

Agamemnontiefer

First Post
After reading through the thread, I'm curious if any consideration was given to the series put out by Role-Aids (by MayFair games) that offered around seven demon supplements; each one had over twenty unique beings with individual names and stats (ala 2e).

Remove ads