• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Denizens of Avadnu 5th Year Anniversary

Sigurd

First Post
I agree with DaveMage. I'd hate to see you guys waste time on rules that get removed.

I use monster books for two reasons:

1. I just enjoy reading them and thinking of possibilities. Thats a great advantage of Denizens - its interesting and has a shared focus. I think the current edition would work for this in any game.

2. I want to work less. If there is a way you can do a whack of work one time for the pathfinder rules and you can save me effort for your monsters.... I'll use your books over the others and be interested in a new issue.

Speaking only for myself, 4e is not a draw.

Sigurd

Voadam

Legend
Complete Denizens II. ;)

I would like the great art gallery for Complete Denizens in a format where I can link straight to individual pictures (so I can say in my email/pbp games "You see this <link>"). Maybe I just need explained to me how to do that with this format but I can't seem to do that with most of the 4e galleries or yours and I want to be able to the way I do with the 3e ones. Alternatively a counter set would be nice the way you did the token sections in the mini Denizens by CR products.

Sigurd

First Post
Anyone have any ideas? Should we do an updated version for 4e? Should we release a crazy xxyth miniature, a print set, a module using some of the monsters? For all you people still playing 3e and Pathfinder, what would you like to see?

Actually, rereading your post the least obnoxious thing would be to do a module.

Have a contest to have someone write something and then help them with the final module.

5th year.... "Can you blow out the five encounters of our birthday module?"

Can you legally do a module with OGL and Pathfinder statblocks? I don't know if the 4e license would allow a 4e version while the other versions were available.

I'd seriously consider doing a module in each system and then sell them at a low enough price to appeal to everyone but still cost something - even donate the money to your favourite charity. Once the thing starts selling use the popularity of the versions to gauge the popularity of the game systems.

Might be simple enough to do a 'body snatchers' style module with lots of alien beasties and an unsuspecting but useful little village? The more useful the setup the longer it would stay in circulation. I still find people using Homlet from 2nd ed.

Sigurd

Last edited:

Kvantum

First Post
I don't think a whole new version is strictly necessary for Pathfinder. A Conversion Document, sure, rework the HD, skills, feats, and CMB/CMD, but the fluff text would be all the same, unless you planned on trying to integrate the monsters into Golarion or something... which I don't think the Pathfinder license allows, IIRC.

The only system that really seems to me like it requires a whole new version is 4e, and I say this as one of the "4e is ok, just not really D&D" camp. I'd love to see you guys going Pathfinder, but... what requires the least amount of work for the return on the investment?

Remove ads