• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

di Senzio's Tournament: Road to Fallon [El Jefe Judging]

DerHauptman

First Post
Jik'tu stands up from the rock he'd been sitting on after he sees the "lord" shoot. He yells a triumphant and almost impossibly loud war cry in orcish that might even be heard at the ready line.

RWARRRRRR! GRUTKT DUK JIK'TU E FROTKT MUT CEPHRUSCT!!!!! <Likely heard from some distance>

[sblock=Translation]
For any orcish speakers it means...Rawarrrrr! Glory for Jik'tu - Victory with Cepheus!
[/sblock]

Even in his little mind he knows that unless Cepheus totally chokes on his shots that he is likely to beat their chief enemy. Cepheus does not have to win the tournament to get rich he only needs to beat the "lord" to get a large sum of gold and for Jik'tu to have a chance to smash him up in a duel to protect his own honor.

He has already won the bet with the "Little Boy" and will have the use of him as a servant for 1 week. He relishes the things he will make him do.

If by some chance Cepheus does beat Nirrassa and the Halfling the little comrade will win even more prize money to beat the "lord" he will at least take 3rd place - not bad for a couple of grifters/con artists or outright shtick men.

After Jik'tu gives his cry he prepares a prayer to Tarusk in Cepheus' behalf - he cuts himself on his hand with his dagger for making a minor wound letting the blood run onto the ground.

He hopes that the chaos, fear and turmoil he brought to the events of this day will please Tarusk and that he will intercede on his behalf for Cepheus to win.

After that he cast CMW on himself.

Last edited:

BigB

First Post
Cepheus feeling the pressure moves to take his shots. He feels he has a chance as Nirrassa has done as well as he expected she would and likewise Lord Guillaume has left him a chance to advance. Cepheus first shot (12) hits the green, he takes his second shot (2) and misses the entire target. Needing a well placed shot he takes his time and (15) strikes the orange. So close but the gods did not favor me to defeat Lord Guillaume today.1d20-1

Velmont

First Post
Lord Guillaume smiles as he sees he has beaten Cepheus, but as he sees Nirrassa in tie with him, his smiles dissapear.

"Lyan Lightleaf will pass to the last round, with 22 points. Cepheus Boomhill is eliminated with only 11 points and finish forth. Nirassa and Lord Guillaume have both 12 points. Each will have to shoot an extra arrow. The best shot will go to he final round. In case of a tie, another arrow will be shot again until the result will separate the contestant."

Lord Guillaume looks at the small Katara and grab a new bolt. He takes time to breath and aim. He shots but his bolt finish on the indigo ring.

[SBLOCK=OOC]By the way, Lyan seems too good, but that's because of two things: great rolls (I think I never rolled under 10 with him :p ) and Far Shot feat, that feat make a great difference...[/SBLOCK]

BigB

First Post
Cepheus walks over to Nirrassa. You will win and advance in this tournament. It must be so. He has not advanced this far fairly I think. Stop him here and I will add 25 gold to your winnings. It is not much, but what I can spare.

BigB

First Post
Animus said:
She says to Cepheus, "I intend on winning, regarrdlesss of yourr offerr."

As that may be I am grateful that you were able to do what I could not. Although my business with this lord is unfinished, I am happy to see him advance no further. Cepheus hands Nirrassa the promised 25 gold and walks away.

Velmont

First Post
Lord guillaume looks at Nirrassa shots. He doesn't like the result, but quicly calm himself and if it wasn't for his first reaction, you could almost consider he is indifferent to the result.

Lord Guillaume approach Cepheus. "Lyan and Nirrassa both beat me, and we have been eliminated on the same round. All that on the second round, which mean 200 gp each. I owe you 600 gold pieces. But I beat up the two elves on the first round. That gives you two day of work, plus two more for being eliminated on the second round at the same time with me. Come to my house in two days, I'll have some work for you. And bring you big friend. He owe me the same, I beat you by one point, just enough to not excuse myself and have him for the same amount of time. For the money, I don't carry such gold on me. You'll be paid in my house, half at your first day, half on your last day. I think it's fair enough like that."

During that time, the target are moved at 200 feet. "Lyan Lightleaf and Nirassa of the Swiftclan will both contest for the first place... to your arrows."

The halfing take his time. He shoots his first arrow, but strike the Indigo ring. He doesn't seems much disturb by that and continue. His second shot touch the green ring. He takes his last arrow and shoot. It strikes the border of the bullseye. As he see his last arrow, you see Lyan breath out a long breath of relief.

[SBLOCK=OOC]And now, I'll need to do a new adventure just for Cepheus and Jik'tu... and maybe Quozen too, as he will be Jik'tu Slaves. Interesting.

Animus, two prices in two contest... lucky guy! Let's see which one you'll have. You must beat 15 points.[/SBLOCK]

BigB

First Post
Velmont said:
Lord Guillaume approach Cepheus. "Lyan and Nirrassa both beat me, and we have been eliminated on the same round. All that on the second round, which mean 200 gp each. I owe you 600 gold pieces. But I beat up the two elves on the first round. That gives you two day of work, plus two more for being eliminated on the second round at the same time with me. Come to my house in two days, I'll have some work for you. And bring you big friend. He owe me the same, I beat you by one point, just enough to not excuse myself and have him for the same amount of time. For the money, I don't carry such gold on me. You'll be paid in my house, half at your first day, half on your last day. I think it's fair enough like that."

In two days then we will meet at your house.

Cepheus then turns to watch Nirrassa in the final round.

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]Oh, I'll be there. Quozen's lawful--he won't go back on his word. Also, it'll make for interesting RP, that's for sure!

By the way, does Quozen notice anything in the crowd regarding the competition?[/sblock]

Remove ads