• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Did any one run Life's Bazzar from Dungeon #97?

esorek

First Post
If so how was it?
I'm going to get to run a session for some brand new players (my wife, sister and sister's fiance) tomorrow and I'm debating between this one, Death in Freeport or the Sunless Citadel (whi I ran for another group).
Looking for something epic to get them hooked so any input is greatly appreciated.

Seule

Explorer
I've run it and Freeport, and the Freeport stuff is far better IMO. Life's Bazaar is pretty good, but nothing tops Freeport.

--Seule

AlphaOmega

First Post
I've ran it for my group. Actually, we'll probably finish up the 2nd part, Flood Season, tonight. Everyone, including myself, seems to be having a good time.

Archade

Azer Paladin
I'm running it as an re-introduction to D&D for a few players. Beware - it can be a meat grinder! Five PC deaths in Life's Bazaar!

EricNoah

Adventurer
What seems to be the most deadly part? I read through both and they both seem really fun. I'd like to run or play in them at some point.

HellHound

ENnies winner and NOT Scrappy Doo
I ran it, but I think the real issue with this series is the bloody dungeon sequences are TOO BIG for low-level play. They get boring very quickly, since the action is spread out over a large number of rooms.

The gnomish citadel was prone to this, and the Lucky Monkey has this problem in SPADES.

As for deadly, the BBEG in #1 can be a MACHINE. After he bit the heads off of two characters, I started fudging rolls to bring the fight to a non TPK conclusion. But this had a lot to do with our non-standard adventuring group. (Can you say Rogue, Rogue, Rogue and Rogue?)

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads