D&D General Did you get your start playing D&D, and what do you play now?

What RPG did you start with, and what do you play now?

• I was introduced through D&D, and only play D&D

Votes: 36 19.4%
  • I was introduced through D&D, and play both D&D and other RPGs

Votes: 106 57.0%
  • I was introduced through D&D, and only play non-D&D RPGs

Votes: 15 8.1%
  • I was introduced through a non-D&D RPG, and only play D&D

Votes: 5 2.7%
  • I was introduced through a non-D&D RPG, and play both D&D and other RPGs

Votes: 21 11.3%
  • I was introduced through a non-D&D RPG, and only play non-D&D RPGs

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I will not be quantified, by you or anyone else!

Votes: 2 1.1%

niklinna

satisfied?
A bit tough to answer. I am not currently playing D&D, and I wouldn't rule it out, but I don't particularly enjoy any version of D&D. However, I have high hopes for Level Up based on what I've seen, and will be looking to join a game or two as soon as I've read the rules.

I started in middle school with Holmes Basic, quickly joined the only gaming group in the county for AD&D, and played that through high school, along with a few other TSR games (pickings were slim at the B. Dalton in the mall an hour's drive through the woods).

Right now I'm playing Torg Eternity and Blades in the Dark, and generally enjoy Forged in the Dark style games.

Gnosistika

Mildly Ascorbic
Started with AD&D 1e, but switched to 2e when it was released here (still my favourite d&d version). My then GM designed his own games, so we played those as well. Later a friend bought Mage the Ascension 1e and it was brilliant - kept playing M:tA through other editions. We battled through Shadowrun 1e and later 3e.
We switched from d&d 2e to 3e for a while playing in various campaigns, then went back to 2e with the release of 3.5. We tried 4e for a bit but we preferred TotM combat. When 13th Age was released we jumped on it and have been enjoying since then. We did d&d 5e with the CoS, but switched it over to Fantasy AGE. Since then there has been a number of AGE games. Played a wonderfully fun Vampire the Requiem 1e game set in the 'What We Do in the Shadows' world. Played Genesys a long while, mostly fantasy Freeport but did a short lived Mage the Awakening hack set in the Sorcerer's Crusade setting. Played a lot of Fate Core - mostly converting our CofD games. I hope in time to return to Fate.

Currently playing Cypher System and returning to AGE with a Blue Rose hack of Caliphate Nights and then Freeport again.

Hopefully we get to play Monte Cook's Diamond Throne for CS when the kickstarter delivers.

Edit: Forgot to mention currently playing in a great Chromatic Dungeons adventure set in - Freeport - (no surprise there). Love the system.

Last edited:

Remove ads