Dirge of Doom + Terrifying Howl

StreamOfTheSky

Adventurer
Just noticed this combo, the Bard's Dirge of Doom for a no-save shaken effect on all enemies within 30 ft + the Barbarian's Terrifying Howl for a 30 ft area of effect on all shaken foes to make a will save or become panicked for...long enough to sit out the combat. Especially considering both are (or can be) gained at level 8, seems like a nice little intentional synergy.

Anyone else notice especially effective combos between two or three different classes? Or "dual techs" as my friends and I like to call them.

StreamOfTheSky

Adventurer
Why use two classes? Dirge of Doom + Dazzling Display!

Mainly because I was thinking of the devastating effect on a combat of pulling that trick out on the first round. Doing it yourself makes it a two round set up time, at least until later levels when you can start a song as a swift action.

Granted, though.

Twowolves

Explorer
Ok, sorry for the late response.

How about Dirge of Doom (move action by the time you get it) + Fear (3rd level bard spell, obtainable by 7th level)? Scare works too, but the HD cap makes it signficantly less useful.

Agent Oracle

First Post
Here I have a 3rd level NPC using the Barbarian's *glare* special and a sorcerer (undead) ghoul touch for the same Shaken / Panicked combo.

Remove ads