• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Disarm, Sunder, Grapple, Trip

Jhulae

First Post
Hypersmurf said:
It's why using the stand-from-prone AoO to Disarm can be fun - if he picks his weapon up, he provokes again and you can trip him...

-Hyp.

Hahaha! I love that idea! ::scribbles down notes for her next character::

StreamOfTheSky

Adventurer
Hypersmurf said:
It's why using the stand-from-prone AoO to Disarm can be fun - if he picks his weapon up, he provokes again and you can trip him...

-Hyp.

Because he's still prone when you go for the disarm, wouldn't he also make his opposed attack roll at -4, and you'd make yours at +4? :lol:

Anyway, I hate the Sunder change. I hope it isn't incorporated into my current games. Really though, if WotC hadn't given the other special attacks (poor bull rush and over run, the forgotten mechanics) the cold shoulder, I'd be less angry. My barbarian has a feat that lets him bull rush for FREE after ANY melee attack if he hits with Power Attack, yet in order to do a regular bull rush, he's still restricted to a standard action or charge! Wtf?!

(Actually came up, too. He was in a CR 13ish dungeon at level 7, didn't have a prayer of hitting the iron golem, so he resorted to bull rushes to generate aoo's for the higher level people. Would've been much easier if he could have gotten two tries a round.)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads