• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Disarm, Sunder, Grapple, Trip

Jhulae

First Post
Deset Gled said:
"Latest source" does not mean it takes precedence. "Primary Source" does.

Text, please?

It is the "Primary Source" now.

From the introduction:

"Years in the making, it gathers resources from a wide variety of supplements, rules errata, and rules clarifications to provide an authoritative guide for playing the D&D game. . . . When a preexisting core book or supplement differs from the rules herein, Rules Compendium is meant to take precedence."

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
dystmesis said:
Like Aus_Snow said, it was always that way.

They've changed Sunder in Rules Compendium; instead of being a standard action lacking footnote 7, it is now a variable-type action bearing footnote 28 (the new footnote 7).

-Hyp.

Jhulae

First Post
dystmesis said:
Like Aus_Snow said, it was always that way.

Yeah, and there are no threads to suggest people didn't have different interpretations.. ;)

Regardless, it is completely clarified now, in the latest Primary Source.

frankthedm

First Post
Moon-Lancer said:
I hate paying for errata. Why is it never free like they said.
You just got it for free in this post. And IIUK they have been saying sunder is a melee attack for some time know. There have been a few folks out there with bad cases of denial, but Wotc has been clear enough. Attacking stuff is an attack.

Jhulae said:
It is the "Primary Source" now.

From the introduction:

"Years in the making, it gathers resources from a wide variety of supplements, rules errata, and rules clarifications to provide an authoritative guide for playing the D&D game. . . . When a preexisting core book or supplement differs from the rules herein, Rules Compendium is meant to take precedence."

Thanks. I think this is a completely awful business practice, but suppose I have to accept it.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads