• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Disarm, Sunder, Grapple, Trip

Jhulae

First Post
Well, no more ambiguity now.

All are substitutable for melee attacks, can be used with a charge, can substitute for a melee attack one or more times in a full attack, and can substitute for the melee attack from an AoO.

Jhulae

First Post
Moon-Lancer said:
what about monks and monsters with more attacks then their iterative?

Since they can be substituted for any melee attack (including multiple times during a full attack action), a monk/monster/whatever could substitute them for all their melee attacks. Same with TWF or whatever else gives more melee attacks.

Basically, they seem to have made disarm, sunder, grapple, and trip interchangable with 'melee attack'.

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
Jhulae said:
Since they can be substituted for any melee attack (including multiple times during a full attack action), a monk/monster/whatever could substitute them for all their melee attacks. Same with TWF or whatever else gives more melee attacks.

But you still can't take the extra attack from your Longsword of Speed and use it to Trip, since the extra attack is specifically with the longsword. Just as you couldn't take that extra attack and use it to throw a dagger.

And once you're actually in a grapple, things are different.

But the change to the Sunder rules at least brings that special attack in line with the others in how it behaves.

-Hyp.

Victim said:
Probably Rules Compendium.

Is the Rules Compendium officially errata? I'm fuzzy on the subject and don't own the book, so I can't check myself. Does the book say anything definitive on the subject of its definitiveness?

Jhulae

First Post
Latest source rule makes it the official book of the Rules currently. The book itself also states that it incorporates offical errata.

Remove ads