• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Discussion - General Discussion Thread '09

Theroc

First Post
Yes. Viktor also needs to set aside a minimum of 1/4 of his job system income to pay off his 500 gp shop. If you don't ever intend to sell (MW) items to PCs, then there's no need to create a shop thread for it, of course.

And in a related question: how lenient would we be in, uh, retrospectively declaring that a PC had begun a job? If I'd realised just how long Conuld would be idle, I'd have had him start magecrafting the day he got back. Oh well.

Your second question was partly implied in my first, as I stated I assumed he was doing this while waiting in the inn (since if I'm not in the inn when the adventure pops up, I'd be screwed.)

For the first portion, if Viktor was approved on the 14th of April, and his adventure began on the 6th of October, do I just go by the number of 7 day intervals between those two times? Is there a 'quick' way to calculate that out?

Theroc

First Post

>.> That'll do it.

As for the assumed retroactive bit, for my two coppers, I'd have no problem with it, simply because I naturally assume if the character is not adventuring, chances are they will do SOMETHING day to day to earn their living expenses.

Edit:
According to that calculator, Viktor's been waiting 175 days. Divided by 7 that's 25 weeks. So, Viktor would recieve 125 experience, 100 gold (25 of which goes toward his own workshop) and 100 craft points(4 ranks of weaponsmithing times 25 weeks)

Is this accurate?

Last edited:

Trouvere

Explorer
As for the assumed retroactive bit, for my two coppers, I'd have no problem with it, simply because I naturally assume if the character is not adventuring, chances are they will do SOMETHING day to day to earn their living expenses.
I think we mostly mooch off the ever patient Joe Smith. Conuld goes back to stay on his parents' farm, where he casts fly on the cows to liven up the milking.
Edit:
According to that calculator, Viktor's been waiting 175 days. Divided by 7 that's 25 weeks. So, Viktor would recieve 125 experience, 100 gold (25 of which goes toward his own workshop) and 100 craft points(4 ranks of weaponsmithing times 25 weeks)

Is this accurate?
Yes, fine.

Theroc

First Post
I think we mostly mooch off the ever patient Joe Smith. Conuld goes back to stay on his parents' farm, where he casts fly on the cows to liven up the milking.

Mm... true, but if the character is intending to be an adventurer, they'd want to accumulate money to put towards better gear during adventures, and if not, chances are they might like some additional coin anyway... though I'm sure there are some who would rather just mooch off of Joe... ;)

Thanks for the double-check.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Have a couple questions:

1) What is the rule for in game leveling up as I did not know Walking Dads character had 900xp already he will certainly reach lvl 2 during the game.

2) Any more info regarding Stonebender's Forge, it is only forge listed in Market Avenue posts in LEW wiki (didn't want to add a new one). Owner/size or if I use this "area" then that info will be added after my players are done shopping?

That's all for now ;) more i am sure in the future.

HM

Velmont

First Post
For more information about Orussus. Ignore the map, all other information come from different thread, mainly adventure. El Jefe had done quite a job to gather all the information about LEW in a single thread, which I read all to gather all Orussus information. But as you can guess, now the Orussus thread is not up to date, but it might help anyone who need it.

Trouvere

Explorer
Have a couple questions:

1) What is the rule for in game leveling up as I did not know Walking Dads character had 900xp already he will certainly reach lvl 2 during the game.
Most DMs have awarded XP and allowed leveling after an overnight rest, but if you don't mind his reaching 2nd, it's up to you.
2) Any more info regarding Stonebender's Forge, it is only forge listed in Market Avenue posts in LEW wiki (didn't want to add a new one). Owner/size or if I use this "area" then that info will be added after my players are done shopping?
Stonebender's the most commonly mentioned NPC forge, certainly.

http://www.enworld.org/forum/2924943-post238.html
There are at least 3 dwarven smiths in Orussus: Rurik Drewer, just a few doors down from the Red Dragon Inn past Edwyd’s Victuals, Ingus Stonebender, a well-known smith and merchant at the opposite end of the Street of Merchants from the Red Dragon Inn, and Traubon Mithrilaxe, known for work in exotic materials, at the eastern end of Orussus.

Also see:

http://www.enworld.org/forum/living...nd-dreams-el-jefe-judging-32.html#post3919298

http://www.enworld.org/forum/living...ad-fallon-el-jefe-judging-16.html#post3433044

http://www.enworld.org/forum/living...russus-red-dragon-inn-vii-56.html#post2292420

http://www.enworld.org/forum/living...ant-avenue-el-jefe-judging-7.html#post3113929

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Ok now my question is how did you find all those posts in less than 20 mins some were dated 2005????

Oh and Thanks guys!! :lol:

HM

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads