(Discussion) General Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
WizWrm said:
It was a rhetorical question, and it's obviously not a clear-cut decision anyway; the races were meant to be as balanced as possible. I prefer human over dwarf, and you yourself picked human for Zoe, though now you've changed your mind and are saying the dwarf's bonus is better. Of course, that original choice was probably based on RP as much as anything else.

But that doesn't change my point, nor does it change the population numbers.

I pretty much always played Elves in 1st Ed, love that multi-classing.
A Gnome or Lizard Man (we had to create ad hoc rules) here or there, but 75% of my characters were ELves.
I didn't play 2nd Ed unless someone 'forced' me to (Sorry,D&D diehards, I stopped playing in 1987 to move on to Rolemaster/MERP/Stormbringer/WFRP/anything with Skills and critical hits) because we were just hanging out, and RPing is RPing for a night.needless to say, I didn't really get back into D&D until 3rd Ed, whwere i found that every race now kicked butt/
I am not that sold on half-Orcs, and have yet to play one.
I found that one of my favorite races that didn't rock in 1st Ed (-1 Comliness as their only stat mod!?!). the gnomes now were very cool t play.

Now, I'm a Gnomoholic, though I have really taken to humans in 3rd/3.5 for their versitility. I see o reason to choose a Human over the other races, however, as their abilities, as well as the human's extra feat/skills seem to even out and create fun times for all involved.

I'm not sure how my comment correlated to those above, but oh well...:D

-Uriel

Velmont

First Post
The dwarves, because they are merry lads, and I like the dwarf talk, but I played enough dwarf lately, so I chose another race. It is not only a question of bonus, it is a question of roleplay too. I find it fun to play a dwarf, even if my dwarves are a bit too near of the stereotype.

And I must tell, I find, personnally, the best Rogue (read dungeon delver type) are the dwarves. The Stonnecunning give them a edge to find traps, the +2 saves vs. poison help them against poison traps, +2 vs. spells against magic traps. The +2 Con gives them more HP, so they can sustain more damage (d6 is not a lot when you need to bracket someone to have decent damage), the charisma is not important for that kind of Rogue. The +2 work with stone and metal can be usefull when you have a trapmaker (That was the concept of my best rogue I have played yet, but Rinaldo start to perform...). The only lack they have, it is their speeds, but boots of Striding and Jumping can be bought at level 6 or 7, so it is not dramatic.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Uriel - can I have your email address? I need to ask a question of you, and I require your email address to do so...

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
GnomeWorks said:
Uriel - can I have your email address? I need to ask a question of you, and I require your email address to do so...

bluehead69@yahoo.com

I fear that I will be away from my computer for the day, however, as my RL gamong group is kidnapping me for our once a month game (which is actually playing Munchkin/Chez Geek/Lunch Money/Guillotine/Cacasonne today).

I will try to post in my 2 LEW games quickly before then, though the driver is heading over even as I type this.

Kahuna Burger

First Post
could someone volnteer to judge my adventure? I started the chitchat after sending in my proposal, and now I have 3 very enthusiastic players but the confusion of no official response hanging over our heads. Its called "A Merry Chase" and the description of the adventure is pretty much explained in the first few posts except for a few flavor details and the specifics of encounters.

Kahuna burger

Velmont

First Post
I got a question for the judges. I saw some people have 2 characters, so what the rules for a second character? (or a third, a forth, ect..)

Erekose13

Explorer
Velmont. While not the authority on this I am pretty sure I know how it works. You can have up to 3 characters per inn (there will be a second in coming online soon). The characters cannot interact or be on the same adventure to prevent people from talking to themselves. And foremost they can not sell things to one another, not even through a third party to prevent any kind of special deals etc.

Macbeth

First Post
Erekose13 said:
Velmont. While not the authority on this I am pretty sure I know how it works. You can have up to 3 characters per inn (there will be a second in coming online soon). The characters cannot interact or be on the same adventure to prevent people from talking to themselves. And foremost they can not sell things to one another, not even through a third party to prevent any kind of special deals etc.
Sorry I didn't get here sooner, I should have answered this, but yeah Erekose13's right.

nimisgod

LEW Judge
Hi there,

I've a question to the Judges concerning PrCs. I'm planning to get Sir Ishmael (the Deep Halfling) to Dragon Disciple. I was wondering if its a legal PrC in the setting. If it is, I will be doing a little multiclass dance to sorc and fighter because of the halfling's favored class and the paladin's multiclass penalty.

Is there any deviation from these core rules in the game?

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads