(Discussion) General Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

WizWrm

First Post
Dragon Disciple is legal; everything in the SRD is kosher as far as I know.

I, myself, am intending to take Dragon Disciple for my bard Velbrik.

Thels

First Post
Erekose13 said:
Velmont. While not the authority on this I am pretty sure I know how it works. You can have up to 3 characters per inn (there will be a second in coming online soon). The characters cannot interact or be on the same adventure to prevent people from talking to themselves. And foremost they can not sell things to one another, not even through a third party to prevent any kind of special deals etc.
That's about it, with one small adjustment. 3 will be the default number, and the final number for the red dragon inn. Some inns yet to appear might have restrictions such as max 2 or max 1 PC/player, up to the Judge/DM crafting the inn.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Judges - I need a few questions answered, and the last few fairly quickly...

1) As a DM, can I make things up as I go along? I'm not a Judge, so I don't know how far my power extends in this venue.

2) Where is Orussus, and what kind of climate are we looking at? I've already basically determined that there are cities south of it, at least.

3) What kind of cities are south of Orussus? Any ideas for towns or cities?

4) What is the economy of Orussus like? What kind of trade items are we looking at, imports, exports? What are the major natural resources nearby?

Thanks!

Macbeth

First Post
I THINK, emphasis on THINK, that those things, unless defined elswhere, are yours to determine. I would check to make sure nobody else has answered any of those questions by way of the Almanac, and, if nobody else has determined those aspects, you have free reign (within reason).

Creamsteak

Explorer
Hi there,

I've a question to the Judges concerning PrCs. I'm planning to get Sir Ishmael (the Deep Halfling) to Dragon Disciple. I was wondering if its a legal PrC in the setting. If it is, I will be doing a little multiclass dance to sorc and fighter because of the halfling's favored class and the paladin's multiclass penalty.

Is there any deviation from these core rules in the game?
I "MAY" be lifting the restrictions on multiclassing for Monk's and Paladins when I get around to creating a really good rules thread.

1) As a DM, can I make things up as I go along? I'm not a Judge, so I don't know how far my power extends in this venue.

2) Where is Orussus, and what kind of climate are we looking at? I've already basically determined that there are cities south of it, at least.

4) What is the economy of Orussus like? What kind of trade items are we looking at, imports, exports? What are the major natural resources nearby?
1) Yes you can make things up as you go along. Do try to make sure that the judges know your MAJOR goals before your adventure starts though. As long as you have a judge watching your game, you should be fine.

2) Orussus is somewhere. We need a cartographer pretty bad, or something like that. The climate is very iconic, that being something like the medieval england pictured in certain movies. Very cold winters, horrible storms at certain times of year, and heavily forested.

3) I'm not sure about where all the official cities are. I do know that Allimon is about 10 miles to the north, but there are a few other Canon cities right now. Try not to add too many cities that don't have a tavern. As a general rule, no DM should ever need to create more than one major city, and a handful of minor ones. We will eventually have rules on this, but for now your free to do as you want.

4) Orussus is relatively wealthy, having a strong economy. The wealth is fairly evenly distributed, with the poor and rich being relatively scarce. Most buying power is in the hands of the middle class. Resources like lumber are common, but we havn't established too much information. I do know that there is plenty of tin around Orussus, but I'm not exactly sure if it's cultivated any more. Imports and exports are incredibly varied though, this is a real trade city. You can find things that might not even be "known" to the rest of the fantasy world, though you'll need judge approval for anything with game mechanics involved (so have all the strange foods you want, but ask about the gunpowder).

dpdx

Explorer
Another stupid question: Presuming Rurik lives through his current adventure, is there a bank in Orussus? He'd like to be savin', an' all.

Creamsteak

Explorer
Yeah sure. A bank. Whatever you want to call it, I call it a Thieves Guild.

But you do bring up an interesting idea. Give me a day or two to think on it. Your adventure won't be over too soon, will it?

dpdx

Explorer
Creamsteak said:
Yeah sure. A bank. Whatever you want to call it, I call it a Thieves Guild.
I want to call it a bank.

But you do bring up an interesting idea. Give me a day or two to think on it. Your adventure won't be over too soon, will it?
Oh, goodness, no. We're not even through our first encounter. If you want, I'll draw it up, and write up NPCs to run it, but since you mention it, we're apparently being paid in promissary script, so it'd be nice to redeem it somewhere... :)

Last edited:

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
GnomeWorks said:
Judges - I need a few questions answered, and the last few fairly quickly...

Thanks!

Pssst!!! Except for my under a Vaulted Sky:Silver Door game in the PTG thread, which is about 70% on the fly anyways, I pretty much make up every game as I go along.

The Vinyards adventure, I had: Estate, werewolf/feral orcs...slaughtered faily, badguy gets away (hehehe@Troi...), hook for Monestary adventure.
That was about it.

The Hunt vignette i had ;feral Ogre, farmers family attacked, chase it through the woods and encounter a few traps etc...the part at the end with teh Mate and then the newborn Ogre (posing an interesting moral dilemna for the PCs) was all last minute.
So, yes, you can Improv, although the Judges would still lie an outline.

CS...I don't do a lot of things with maps normally, but if you're desperate for a map...I can HAND draw one. I'd need more info on where city/geographic placement, but I can give you at least something rough to start with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads