Divine Avengers

Leif

Adventurer
Sorry Guys

I've fallen very far behind in this game already. I haven't even really begun my character, and I have basically no idea what anyone is talking about using silver pieces for gold, but NOT for magic items, and all of that. It just makes my head hurt. So, I'll be bowing out of this game, JA, 'cause I just have too many irons in the bloody fire right now. Hope that all understand.

Enjoy!!

J. Alexander

First Post
Eight it is

Okay , sorry to see you go maybe next time...

There will now only be 8 players so that means one big group and it is finaly this time...no more recuting etc...and the division does not allow us to have two groups and really face what you will be facing.....so put the final spiffy touches on your characters and get them updated and posted to the RG by Friday......

GMVictory

Explorer
J. Alexander said:
Basic Equipment etc can be purchased at book price in siver....ie 2 gp = 2 silver.......there are ten copper pieces to a silver if remember corrrectly

Magic items must be paid for in gold .and their value stands...this reflects the scaricity of magic times in the wolrd.

*ack* I must have misread. I'll have to redo some of my equipment. That cloak of resistance just become 10000 silver pennies. A little more than I get to start with. :)

Lou

Explorer
Don't go overboard here guys. The starting money for the Divine Avengers game is the standard 3rd level starting gold: 2700 gold pieces. JA has not mentioned any different that I can find.

Look here for The Four Lands introductory money post.

The money difference is that the coin of the realm is the silver penny. Take the listed cost of standard equipment and something that costs 2 gp only costs 2 sp now. Once play begins we will be spending silver and copper, not gold.

MAGIC still costs gold pieces, to emphasize the how rare magic items are.

So pick your one magic items carefully, you have 2700 gp to spend. Then buy your standard equipment in silver. Looks like masterwork armor and weapons are ok, but magic armor and weapons are going to be much-sought-after treasure.

JA--Please correct me if this is wrong. And clarify two things: Cost of a continual flame torch in gold or silver? Cost of spell component materials in gold or silver?

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
The money thing really doesn't effect my monk at all. The only thing that it possibly could bother is him being able to find a Monk's Belt in game. Didn't mean to make it sound like the world was ending :)

Fenris

Adventurer
OnlytheStrong said:
Ouch lol. I can't buy anything for my monk. 5000gp just became alot farther away! :)

With a party of EIGHT! And only one full cleric, might I suggest many many healing potions, or if you were feeling especially generous, a wand of cure light wounds bought for that special cleric in your life might ensure it gets used on you first :lol:

Rhun

First Post
Fenris said:
With a party of EIGHT! And only one full cleric, might I suggest many many healing potions, or if you were feeling especially generous, a wand of cure light wounds bought for that special cleric in your life might ensure it gets used on you first :lol:

I still can't believe that we only have one full cleric, knowing this is going to be an undead heavy game.

Remove ads