Divine Power Discussion

Tomalak

First Post
Is there a discussion regarding the contents of Divine Power going on somewhere? I haven't found one. I realize it's early for it to be approved, but I'd like to see it discussed, particularly the part I find most interesting; Domains.

So, unless someone can point out another thread I have missed, I'd like to start the discussion on that part of the book now. As I see it, there are three points to cover;
1) Balance: Are the feats included in the Domain section of Divine Power appropriate?
2) Flavor: Do we want domains and domain feats in this game?
3) Implementation: Which deities get which Domains?

My opinions:
1 - I'll just leave this up to standard approval process. No matter what we decide, this stuff will have to go through the approval process anyway.
2 - I really like domains. I think that add alot of flavor to divine classes. One thing I've implemented in my own table-top games is that all divine characters may choose a Deity, having access to that deity's CD feat and all three of his/her Domains and their feats; or the character may choose a Domain and have access to just that one, but also gain access to all CD feats of the associated gods. I don't know if this method would work here, but it does show some of the flexibility and flavour of the Domain system. Also; it's neat.
3 - The core deities each got three domains, so that's probably a system we'd want to keep, to preserve balance. Personally, I like the idea of assigning two Domains to each deity, and then a third to specific temples or religions dedicated to that deity (so that Imperial priests and priest from Daunton worshipping the same god would have slightly different opinions on their god, and his/her dictates and desires). What do you guys think?

Remove ads