• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

DK1: Veiled Thorns (Moggthegob Judging)

Status
Not open for further replies.
[sblock=ooc jehen]
hey, nope your detect magic is not picking anything up in the chamber ahead of you or on the half elf himself.
[/sblock]

The half elf edges forward a bit, towards the bars, attempting to hear Raekz' words and gracefully places thin long fingered hands upon the metallic obstruction, asking softly, 'Is there a problem? Are you not able to open the cell?'

pathfinderq1

First Post
The half elf edges forward a bit, towards the bars, attempting to hear Raekz' words and gracefully places thin long fingered hands upon the metallic obstruction, asking softly, 'Is there a problem? Are you not able to open the cell?'

"I've not bent my will to it yet, friend," Jehen replied, in what she hoped was a reassuring tone. With one more glance at her friends, to make sure they were wary, she fished out her lockpicks and set to work.

OOC: Search the door and lock area for traps (+10); then Open locks (+4) and Disable Device (+7), as appropriate.

serow

First Post
Raekz takes a small step back and to Jehen's right, his hand slowly moving towards his guisarme, but not actually drawing it yet. If anyone is going to pull a fast one, let it be us, he mentally cautions himself.

Moving to stand only a foot or so away from the half elf, Jehen noted the musty smell coming off the prisoner's clothes, though his skin and hair didn't seem as dirty.

Diving into her task with Gusto, the Inquisitive is unable to detect any traps and begins to work on the lock, quickly realizing it is probably beyond her ken.

Raekz is unable to discover any sign of an ambush, though is very ready for anything.

As 4B simply stands there, silent and seemingly morose, the half elf continues to chatter, 'Well I do hope you'll hurry, the half orc leader and the rest left about a half hour ago, were yelling something about a raid on 1st Tower, even!'

ooc; jehen is unable to open the lock, it seems beyond her

pathfinderq1

First Post
Jehen gave a soft frustrated sigh, then pushed back from the door, making sure she was out of easy reach before she actually admitted defeat. "I never was that good with clockwork," she muttered, the glanced at each of her compatriots. "I don't suppose either of you has a hacksaw or a solid prybar available? We're going to have to try something else..."

hornedturtle

First Post
occ: how is the door constructed? 354b is looking thinking that he maybe able to do something about it with the Pitions he is carrying using a craft check.
Craft check against the door 1d20+3=4 Roll Lookup
4 more if it counts as sculpting

ooc; the cell's door is a cross section of what seem to be iron bars held within a frame. Said frame is attached to an iron door frame via hinges that are on your side of the cell. the locking mechanism is internal and on the left side, it connects to the doorframe as well, two sturdy steel bolts popping into grooves at the top and bottom of the door.

If you're making any sort of skill check, please post specifically what you're trying. Remember, when making a Craft check, you are attempting to create something. If you are trying to take something apart, that's Disable Device.

pathfinderq1

First Post
Jehen moved back for a moment, as much to think as to let the warforged take a look at the obstacle. "No names for us yet, until we have you sprung," she replied to the captive, before moving close enough to survey a possible alternative...

OOC: Standard key-type keyhole for the lock? Also, how sturdy do the hinge assemblies look, since they are on our side of the door? Do they look crackable with a hammer and a few pins like normal hinges, or are they more solid?

Eyebrows raising in surprise, the prisoner blanched, seeming unsure of what the human adventurer's words would portend.

ooc; yes, a key is needed. the hinge assemblies look quite sturdy, perhaps the best cared for piece of equipment you've yet seen down here. though obviously I encourage you to try things out... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads