D&D General DMs Guild Classics POD & PDF Wishlist

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
I'm assuming POD isn't the same quality as the original hardcopy books, I've never bought a POD book. I didn't buy them either but from what I understand the 1e and 2e and maybe even 3e reprint core books that came out about 10 years ago were scanned and of pretty poor quality.
The premium reprints were composed anew, they are not based on scans.

Stormonu

Legend
Huh, weird. Looks like Palace of the Vampire Queen was taken down.
Looks like Vampire Queen is owned by Precis Intermedia - doing some research, it looks like TSR did distribute it for a short time, but it was originally owned/published by Wee Warriors, who was purchased by Precis.

For those still interested, looks like it can be purchased here, off Precis's website: Palace of the Vampire Queen (Classic Reprint)

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
I thought they were guess I was wrong. Perhaps I read a review years ago that was incorrect, IDK?
Perhaps the reviews were referring to the somewhat large number of typos. The books was re-composed, but most likely the text was based on a scan and not typed from scratch.

R_J_K75

Legend
Perhaps the reviews were referring to the somewhat large number of typos. The books was re-composed, but most likely the text was based on a scan and not typed from scratch.
After it was pointed out that they werent scanned I looked on Amazon and a reviewer said that they were recreated from the old books and the typos were intentional. Whether thats true, IDK.

Stormonu

Legend
I’d be curious to know how they were recreated, if not from a scrutinized scan. I’m not even sure that the original 1E books were laid out on computer, and I’d be shocked if someone had access to the original/revised 2E files or that they’d load on a modern PC.

R_J_K75

Legend
I’d be curious to know how they were recreated, if not from a scan. I’m not even sure that the original 1E books were laid out on computer, and I’d be shocked if someone had access to the original/revised 2E files or that they’d load on a modern PC.
I wouldnt doubt if the old 1E stuff was type on an old typewriter word processor perhaps.

Remove ads