D&D (2024) DM's no longer getting crits on PC's

I am VERY divided. I think if there are rules where some legendary or special NPC/Monsters can crit I am Okay with these orks and goblins can't... I also will (if they do what I hope) say the idea of having recharge/encounter powers to make the combat more dynamic is more important to me.

I already start at 3rd level to avoid the "opps I crit you and killed you out right" problem

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
I am VERY divided. I think if there are rules where some legendary or special NPC/Monsters can crit I am Okay with these orks and goblins can't... I also will (if they do what I hope) say the idea of having recharge/encounter powers to make the combat more dynamic is more important to me.

I already start at 3rd level to avoid the "opps I crit you and killed you out right" problem
We start at 3rd level because we like to start with all of our 1st level abilities that they split into 3 levels, and have our subclasses from day 1. A side benefit is avoiding the crit kills.

Jacob Lewis

Ye Olde GM
I like it. I didn't think I would, but after giving it some thought, it makes sense. Why should the rank and file need a moment to shine when they're only appearing for one scene in the heroes story?

Crits are never about character choices or skill anyway. Its just a dice roll. Dice don't play the game.

Remove ads