• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

DnD 3.5 no-magic setting, lvl 1

Dragonwriter

First Post
Ooooh. I am very intrigued. I've wanted to see a mostly-warrior group in play, but haven't had a chance. So, if there's room, I'd like to toss my hat in for consideration.

My personal preference would be for a fantasy world (I get enough real-world history regularly).

Currently, I'm thinking semi-savage hunter/berserker (Warblade/Barbarian). The kind of guy you point at the enemy and then run the other way. :p

GandalfMithrandir

First Post
I shall be a replacement PC, I will shadow this thread, I don't have time now (And won't once school starts again late august), but if the party needs more people I can jump in.

Myth and Legend

First Post
If we go with option 1 or 2 would it be possible to be a non-casting "priest" of some sort of either the Christian God or a member of the Greek pantheon?

Probably still a martial character, perhaps even a non-casting paladin if you do go with the expanded skills thing, but focused on knowledge and other skills (specifically Heal). Basically, the party's resident sage/healer/scholarly sort.
Sure thing!

Ooooh. I am very intrigued. I've wanted to see a mostly-warrior group in play, but haven't had a chance. So, if there's room, I'd like to toss my hat in for consideration.

My personal preference would be for a fantasy world (I get enough real-world history regularly).

Currently, I'm thinking semi-savage hunter/berserker (Warblade/Barbarian). The kind of guy you point at the enemy and then run the other way. :p
Welcome DW!

How about a Gaul druid who specializes in potions of bull strength? ;)

i'l check the books and see if i can come up with something.
I'm sorry you must have missed the part where I don't take players I don't know in some way or at least some who have been recommended. Not that you'd run away since you've been here since 2007.. Hmm.

OK I need a roll call so i can start shooting down more potential players, I don't want to have more than 6-7 PCs.

So we have:

Crazy Monkey
Shayuri
Voda Vosa
HolyMan
Dragonwriter
I have OKd a player named Fenris via PM.

I can trust Scratched_back since he is in Monkey's Game as well and seems good at RPing, and has been around since 2004. He would be player #7.

WarShrike I'll take you in since you seem to have stuck around for 3 years, which means you won't go and abandon the game. And with this I'm officially closing the recruitment, unless a player I really like comes along (like Glass Eye, ScottDeWar, ghostcat etc.)

Ok guys you need to get settled on the setting (lol). I'm personally leaning towards the medieval period, simply because there is great tension both in Eruope and in the Holy Lands, and there are other fine fine things like Vikings (although Denmark has converted to Christianity by that time, there are still some pagans in Scandinavia), Romelia (aka. Byzantium).

I somehow find myself unable to think of the classical age without thinking of Zeus and Achillies, and monsters and quests :) But let's put it to a vote (my vote doesn't count, I can run all three)

Voda Vosa

First Post
I'll vote for the classical age. There were no monsters back there neither, and many more factions and intrigue in general, not a bilateral contest. Plus it's not so "radical" since playing something related with crusades might get religious folk jumpy.
Zeus and the rest of the Greek pantheon are still there, not throwing lightning bolts perhaps, although everyone will believe he does. Plus there are lots of other religious and political factions to exploit, and the growing and ever hungry Roman empire might seem as a good source of quests (against them of course.)

Myth and Legend

First Post
Yes. Here you have the Oracle at Delphi, the 7 Wonders of the World, The Greek City States, the rising might of Rome and it's legions of Hastati, Principes and Triarii, the Gaulic and Germanic tribes to the North, the Brittons and Celts on the British Isles, the Thracians right here in Bulgaria, the remnants of Alexander's Macedonia (Pontus, Seleucia, Ptolemic Egypt), Carthage... You have cataphracts, hoplites, chariots and the occasional war elephant :)

Dragonwriter

First Post
Thanks for taking me.

As I already said, I'd prefer the fantasy. But if that gets shot down, I'd be more pleased with Ancient/Classical, rather than Medieval.

Remove ads