• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

DnD in Sci-Fi, and the critters?

Perfect Skum

First Post
You ever thought about using Hi-Tech Plate Armors in the DnD world? No-one actually has used the Futuristic Energy weapons found in the Player's Handbook (or was it the Dungeon Master's Guide?). Just think of a dragon, a plated dragon. What should this kind of critter get in bonus, if...:

It's a Red Dragon (as old as it can be, of course), with plating under it's skin, infra-red eyes (just to look meeeean) and somekind of Fire Breath Enchancing Device. Boy, this is going way off topic.
:cool:

Maybe adding some Sci-fi High-Tech things would raise, if not the stats, it's intimidation. Infra-Red eyes look always scary, well, at least I think so. :p

I think those plates wuold raise the creatures HD at least with 2 or 3. What do you think about it?

And a oh-so-public message to psychognome.
You should know who I am.

Merry Sci-Fi to you too, oh, it isn't christmas anymore.

Krishnath

First Post
Actually I think that armor plating under the skin of the dragon would increase it's DR by 5/+1 (i.e: A dragoon with DR 20/+3 would get 25/+4) additionally it would increase the creatures AC by +4, and reduce it's dex by 2.

On the topic of D&D and Sci-Fi...

Favourite movie with a beholder in it: Big Trouble In Little China.

who says beholders don't fit in an oriental campaign?

Remove ads