• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

DnD on CNN

Furn_Darkside

First Post
I can see it now- two portly gentlemen covered in body paint displaying the CNN emblem- doing the wave every time Larry King comes back from a commercial break... or gets married. Which ever comes first.

FD

ColonelHardisson

What? Me Worry?
Actually, Aaron Brown is one of CNN's stars. They paid a lot of money to get him. Personally, I find him to be stuffy and apt to take himself way too seriously. Emphasizing the importance of the news is one thing; trying to equate that with one's own importance is another.

He said he played D&D at one time? That seems odd to me. He must have gotten into it way early on.

Leopold

NKL4LYFE
Negative Zero said:
tonite, at about 10:45 on a CNN show called NewsNight with Aaron Brown, they did a story on MMORPGs. i just thought it was kinda kool for a CNN reporter to say on live TV that he used to play DnD. he clearly wasn't into our hobby anymore, or PC games ... come to think of it, it was really odd that he did this story, he didn't know a thing about it, but it was nice to hear :)

~NegZ

aaron brown said he was a gamer?! Hot damn he's a big time news anchor for cnn and the publicity for the gaming industry hit a new high with that one. Just goes to show you it's becoming more and more accepted now adays to be a gaming geek :)

Wicht

Hero
Hmm, reading the transcript, it was actually Anderson Cooper, the substitute host, who said that he got into DnD 15 years previously in Middle School. Reading it closely he does not actually say he ever got out of the game and one could read into the statement that he still might play.

The quote is
COOPER: So, I mean, you know, 15 years ago when I was in high school or middle school, I guess, and, you know, got into Dungeons and Dragons, I never really would have imagined that this kind of thing was the, was the next step. What is the next step after this? I mean, what's coming down the pike in terms, is this larger and larger online communities playing more and more impressive games?

reapersaurus

Explorer
Re: What is your bidding my master?

R.X.DIEM said:
It's not the East or the West side......not it's not. It' not the North or the South side....no it's not .... It's the Dark side... of the News......tee heee:D
God, I love that flash ani - never seen it quoted before.

"You can't front the Dark Side - to all you Vader-haters out there...we'll blow your planet up!"

Know where this is linked on the internet?

Sigma

First Post
Wicht said:
Hmm, reading the transcript, it was actually Anderson Cooper, the substitute host, who said that he got into DnD 15 years previously in Middle School. Reading it closely he does not actually say he ever got out of the game and one could read into the statement that he still might play.

The quote is

Ugh. Not Anderson Cooper. Anyone else suffer through Channel One News in your high school sometime between 91-95? He used to be their international correspondant. He's the kind of guy that wore hunter's orange in a Bosnian fire fight.

(and for the record, CNN and FoxNews both stink. The BBC and NPR are the best sources of real news. No infographics or polls, fairly non-editorialized content, and actual journalistic integrity.)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads