• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

DnD on CNN

Sigma

First Post
Green Knight said:
I never thought I'd see the words "Journalistic Integrity" associated with either the BBC or NPR. :rolleyes:

I never thought anyone could question it. :D

But, I'm always on the look out for a better source of news. What do you rely on?

Wicht

Hero
Sigma said:
I never thought anyone could question it. :D

But, I'm always on the look out for a better source of news. What do you rely on?

Neil Cavuto and Brit Hume!!!

Fox News all the way.

(Though Greta I find annoying - couldn't believe they hired her)

Psion

Adventurer
Tewligan said:

Y'know, I never thought I'd see the words "CNN" and "fanboy" next to each other.

"Dude, CNN is the baddest news channel! Darth Vader works for them! Sweeeet!"

Well, if it means anything to you, I think about the FNC in about the same light as I do GURPS, which is to say not kindly. "Fair and balanced" my arse.

Sigma

First Post
Wicht said:

Neil Cavuto and Brit Hume!!!

Fox News all the way.

(Though Greta I find annoying - couldn't believe they hired her)

No, seriously though. Where do you go for real news and not editorial infographic stuff that belongs in USAToday?

Wicht

Hero
Sigma said:
No, seriously though. Where do you go for real news and not editorial infographic stuff that belongs in USAToday?

:p

I start out checking out Drudge in the morning for gossip. Follow this up with a reading of the Washington Times online and a survey of the Fox news web site. If there is a particularly explosive topic from the day before I may check out the viewpoint from the New York Times. In the afternoon, depending on when I eat supper, I will listen to Neil Cavuto's money report and then if I am home I will watch Brit Hume's show for Washington happenings followed by a discussion of events from both left and right perspectives. If I miss Brit Hume I will often catch O'Reilly.

Sigma

First Post
Wicht said:

:p

I start out checking out Drudge in the morning for gossip. Follow this up with a reading of the Washington Times online and a survey of the Fox news web site. If there is a particularly explosive topic from the day before I may check out the viewpoint from the New York Times. In the afternoon, depending on when I eat supper, I will listen to Neil Cavuto's money report and then if I am home I will watch Brit Hume's show for Washington happenings followed by a discussion of events from both left and right perspectives. If I miss Brit Hume I will often catch O'Reilly.

:) Sounds like a pretty well-rounded diet. What's Drudge?

I start off the morning with the Wall Street Journal and local paper, read salon.com (which I love and hate) and economist.com (which I would subscribe to if it weren't so darn expensive in the States) during the day, and listen to NPR on my way to and from work. There's not much on television news that I like (I especially loathe local news broadcasts). I try and avoid editorials, cause they generally tork me off, and life's too short to spend ranting. :)

Wicht

Hero
Sigma said:

:) Sounds like a pretty well-rounded diet. What's Drudge?

The Drudge Report

Besides his gossip he often has a knack for noticing important happenings about 12 hours sooner then a lot of others do. I read about the Spider Goat on his site 2 days before someone posted it to these boards.

Kid Charlemagne

I am the Very Model of a Modern Moderator
Wicht said:
I start out checking out Drudge in the morning for gossip. Follow this up with a reading of the Washington Times online and a survey of the Fox news web site

A little checking reveals that the Washington Times is still owned by Rev. Moon. As for Bill O'Reilly, there is no one who puts more spin on the news than he does.

Last edited:

Furn_Darkside

First Post
Kid Charlemagne said:

A little checking reveals that the Washington Times is still owned by Rev. Moon. As for Bill Riley, there is no one who puts more spin on the news than he does.

Do you mean Bill O'Reilly? And, if so, for example?

FD

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads