Do you allow material from Dragon Magazine into your games?

frankthedm

First Post
I allow some. It requires direct aproval by me though. As long as the material in question is comparable to the core rules I am usually cool with it, the same as any splat mateiral, wotc or otherwise..

Infiniti2000

First Post
Shellman said:
Do you as a DM or does your DM allow material from Dragon Magazine to be used in your D&D games?
I would certainly consider it. It's no different than any other source. If a player got that psyched about something he or she read in a magazine or on the net, why should I be the one to dampen the fun? It may require some tweaking to avoid abuse, but that would have no effect at all on the reason the player wants it in the first place, right? Surely, the goal is story-oriented?

Bad Paper

First Post
No, so far, and this is after two and a half years in my current set of campaigns (three, more or less).

I'm a little bit open to it, but I would need a lot of pushing. Most of my decisions are player-friendly, since unhappy players do not play the game. Thus, if they insisted, I would either buckle completely or admit the material after passing some kind of on-the-spot judgment or change.

But none of my players reads the mag, and I think it's fairly trashy, so it's not really an issue. I have enough trouble keeping "more official" content, e.g. Divine Metamagic, Orb of Force, etc., in check. I don't want to encourage the players to try to break the game.

1) Divine Metamagic gets the Incantrix rule, and 2) Orb of Force is as written but REALLY LOUD.

reanjr

First Post
I'm DM and I allow limited stuff. The staff familiars and the specialty fighters off the top of my head have been used. I am the only subscriber in the group, so I usually suggest a rule variant to one of my players if it seems appropriate for their character. More often, I just make up my own rules.

Moon-Lancer

First Post
my dm lets it in, but she has to read it first. What’s nice is dragon compendium tends to fall on offical d&d content because its in a book form and in a way double checked. basicly its a easyer way to get dragon mag content in a game.

sydbar

Explorer
If i approve it, i will allow it, but so far nobody has wanted to use anything from it, so i haven't worried about it, but i'm pretty permissive when it comes to allowing people to play the character they want, so far the only thing i haven't allowed yet is vow of poverty, but once i decide the rules for it, i will alllow it.

Sejs

First Post
frankthedm said:
I allow some. It requires direct aproval by me though. As long as the material in question is comparable to the core rules I am usually cool with it, the same as any splat mateiral, wotc or otherwise..

Likewise -

Yes, I allow it on a case-by-case basis, only after I've had a chance to look the material in question over.

Graf

Explorer
Recent Dragon is better, but it –all- needs to be checked.
For better or for worse a lot of things turn up in dragon (the Erudite class for psionics, etc) and ultimately wind up in a real book but “toned down” (i.e. Erudite in Complete Psionic).

Especially the articles presenting new feats from computer games; it’s a great idea (i.e. borrowing from outside sources) but the implementation has often been weak.

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
Pretty much never. It is possible that there is a single example that I might consider adding to my game, but it hasn't happened yet.

Remove ads