• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Level Up (A5E) Do you feel A5E has Addressed the Martial/Class divide sufficiently?

Do you feel A5e addressed the Martial/Caster divide well?

TheHand

Adventurer
Ah, so you have Short Rests and Long Rests instead of Long Long Rests and Short Long Rests. Any outliers to it further closing the gap to watch out for?

No negative effects that I've seen so far, but I've been gaming this group for many years and none of them are 'power gamers', so I'm sure if someone wanted to exploit the system they could.

I found 15 minutes is short enough that the party can 'stop for a breather' outside of combat, but long enough that they can't settle down while enemies are still nearby. Even wizards don't mind these short breaks, as they can spend some hit dice or practice their whittling skills.

As DM, I balance encounters with the assumption that the party will have most of their Exertion Points, Warlock Points, Channel Divinities, et al, recharged, so that would be one thing to watch out for.

Remove ads