• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Do you need more dice?

keterys

First Post
I find I 'need' more dice when I've left them somewhere else. Like my wife went to play last night and realized her dice were at our normal gaming place, so I had to give her a few dice so she could play - including one die that she kept cursing at cause she hated how it rolled.

Or if I need to loan friends some dice. Or I'm playing two characters at once, and want the characters to use different dice sets so I keep them straight. Or the monsters, when I DM...

Hmm, man, I really need more dice ;)

The Ghost

Explorer
I am kind of with your wife on this one as I have never understood the desire to buy more and more dice. I have one set. I have had that same set now for almost twenty years. It serves me well.

Oryan77

Adventurer
Some people buy nice cars, some people buy expensive jewelry, some people get tattoos, and some people buy dice to look cool. Not to brag or anything, but so far I have the coolest set of dice among all gamers...so I am extremely cool looking! I'm pretty sure my cool dice collection is the reason my wife fell in love with me. I don't have a cool car, I barely wear any jewelry, I don't have any tattoos, so what else could it be?

crazy_monkey1956

First Post
Regarding custom dice bags, one of my players makes them. She knits them just like some people knit ugly sweaters. :D Dice bags are infinitely cooler than ugly sweaters.

Plaguedguy

First Post
I've managed to get along with only a handful of dice at any one time. My problem is I'm forever losing them or they get nicked or 'borrowed' by players. So generally I've never had a large collection and never felt it necessary to.

Though I can understand the appeal, and there are far more expensive collections to be had.

Rykion

Explorer
I always need more dice. I'm always misplacing them, so plenty of back up dice are a must. I even keep a spare set in my car in case of emergency. :eek:

maddman75

First Post
I play Exalted. Yes, I need more dice. A lot more.

I just bought a bag of 25 d10s for $12 on Dicepool.com. That's almost enough for one player to not have to borrow any when they go all out. And we're just getting started.

Naosuke

First Post
I've always thought that you really need a few full sets of dice, but most of the gamers I know have a bunch, some are used for specific things, others for the people at our table who always forget to bring dice, and then of course the DM really does need a bunch of dice. Granted, even though I now have all the dice that I need, doesn't mean that I will stop buying dice, if I see a cool set, I will buy it. You can never have too many dice.

crazy_cat

Adventurer
Do I actually need more dice?

No.

Will I continue to buy more dice?

Yes.

Have you made a custom bag that you feel is particularly awesome? What made it so?

My daughter made me a dice bag whilst grandma was teaching her to sew. It's red, with red braided drawstrings, and a black glyph sewn on to it. I was delighted when I received it - and it is now my Mage dicebag.

I obviously went out and bought loads of new red and black D10's to go in it as soon as I received it :D

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads