Do You Prefer 4 Or More Players (+ DM) When RPGing?

Do You Prefer 4 Or More Players (+ DM) When RPGing?

• Yes

Votes: 242 79.1%
  • No

Votes: 64 20.9%

Zhaleskra

Adventurer
Some games, it doesn't matter if there are fewer than 4 players, so long as it's more than 1 and the GM. I have also made the mistake of trying to GM for groups that were too large (more than 8 players).

Stalker0

Legend
I've had the experience of DMing many 3 or fewer groups (due to nongaming reasons, people leaving the city, graduating, etc).

It can be fun for a little while, especially in RP heavy adventurers. But I find it boring fast. Its just more fun with more people, there's more energy, more people to talk to.

And if one person can't make it for a week, you pretty much cancel the game.

I find 5 to be my favorite number.

Imperialus

Explorer
I like 5 to 6. It allows characters to expand character concepts a little bit and still have the fighter, thief, cleric, mage bases covered but at the same time people arn't sitting around bored for half an hour waiting for their turn to come up during combat.

Mort

Legend
Supporter
I find that for me 6 is perfect number. less (down to 4) is fine but not quite as much energy as 6. Over 6 gets very unwieldly without the right players. Under 4 can be fun but you need to taylor your adventures better and it requires more work.

Nap

First Post
I voted yes to four or more players, but only because my current campaign I'm running has six players, and it's turning out to be the best campaign I've ever had the pleasure to run. In the old 1st and 2nd edition days, I usually only DM'ed for two other people in my campaign world, each of whom ran 2, sometimes even 3 characters per adventure.

I got used to it and never thought I could handle DM'ing for more than a few people. With the right group chemistry, and good management, having 5 or 6 players is great!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases