• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Do you use Internet Homebrew settings for your games? (include links)

Do you use an Internet homebrew setting?

• Yes, I use another person's homebrew found on the Internet.

Votes: 7 6.4%
  • No, I use my own homebrew campaign setting.

Votes: 60 54.5%
  • No, I use a published setting (FR, Kalamar, etc.)

Votes: 43 39.1%

• Poll closed .

Ace

Adventurer
I strictly use my homebrew -- I do read almost every site for 3x on the web I can find though -- you never know when you will find something really cool

dpmcalister

Explorer
Turanil said:
Highlands (MY OWN HOMEBREW on the Internet!!! Well, I used it for the last campaign I did run, of which I was dissatisfied -typical dungeon crawling, not what I envisioned originally- There is little info -mainly classes, races, and religions-, but the setting's description is very succinct and will be never finished and never used again. I am tired of it. My next D&D will be Dragonlance...)
I'm actually very interested in your homebrew (it's similiar in outlook to one I was about to start work on myself!), however the campaign setting download links don't work. Do the RTF or PDF documents still exist? Not a problem if they don't, I'll just use the information you've got on the your website.

Thanks for letting me know about it. You've saved me hours of work :D

Turanil

First Post
dpmcalister said:
I'm actually very interested in your homebrew (it's similiar in outlook to one I was about to start work on myself!), however the campaign setting download links don't work. Do the RTF or PDF documents still exist? Not a problem if they don't, I'll just use the information you've got on the your website.
Thanks for the interest! No document was produced, so no PDFs or RTFs are available. When I did run the campaign, I intended to do that, but then the campaign ended and I was tired of it, so didn't work out anything beyond what's on the website.

Nonetheless, if you are interested in using what's on the website, maybe we could cooperate to bring this setting to completion? If you want to discuss more about that, contact me:
dominique.crouzet@libertysurf.fr

Turanil

First Post
Jürgen Hubert said:
I am slightly dismayed that you forgot to mention Urbis.
After having read some thread of you recently, I was convinced it was destined to be a commercial / published supplement. :confused: Also, my browser (IE5 for Mac) has some difficulties reading it correctly...

Jürgen Hubert

First Post
Turanil said:
After having read some thread of you recently, I was convinced it was destined to be a commercial / published supplement. :confused: Also, my browser (IE5 for Mac) has some difficulties reading it correctly...

Well, eventually... at the moment it still isn't much more than a "hobby project", though. And all I have written for it is available online.

I'll see what I can do about the IE problem. Personally, I am using Mozilla Firefox, but of course I want people to be able to read it with all browsers...

What kinds of difficulties do you have?

mythusmage

Banned
Banned
[hijack]Turanil, since you use a Mac may I suggest you try iCab? Much more compliant than IE 5. If you're using OS 10.X you may want to try Firefox from the Mozilla people.[/hijack]

mikedidthis

First Post
Turanil said:
I just noticed a demi-plane named "Koshe-Marr". LOL! :D This "Koshe-Marr" sounds exactly like the French word "cauchemar" which translate in English as "nightmare".

Heh, heh...wouldn't surprise me a bit if that was intentional. We've got players from all over the world (in our Bloodpack campaign we have players in Germany, Australia, and Canada, as well as the U.S.) and lots of the players have a hand in developing new areas of the homebrew. I'll have to ask around and find out the history of the name.

Jürgen Hubert

First Post
Turanil said:
The links table is overwritten right upon the normal text (to the right of the window).

IE6 on Windows doesn't seem to have this problem, although it shows some pillars which aren't shown with Firefox.

I guess I'll examine this with some other browers and rewrite the CSS file...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads