D&D 5E Do You Want Another Warlord Poll?

Do You Want Another Warlord Poll?

• Yes, this entire forum should consist of nothing but warlord polls.

Votes: 24 32.0%
  • No, polls should be eradicated from ENWorld and everyone who participates banned.

Votes: 8 10.7%
  • I'm a cultist of Demogorgon. I vote yes AND no.

Votes: 27 36.0%
  • I would like an option in this poll that isn't totally insane.

Votes: 16 21.3%

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
I vote for this Warlord...

2600_06.png

Dausuul

Legend
Given the results of this poll, it's clear that the entire D&D community is calling for a Cultist of Demogorgon class. Why is WotC ignoring the fans?

Lanliss

Explorer
I am sorry, but can someone explain what the warlord is exactly? As far as I can tell, reading between the lines of recent posts, it is a fighter/healer that is ridiculously OP, but don't worry, it doesn't use magic? I do not see the point in such a thing, other than to get around the gritty realism rules if your DM banished healing magic. Of course, the I have only ever played 5E, so sorry if I read it wrong.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter

Just so everyone is aware - there was a time when use of sarcastic polls got pretty bad, such that we had to put a moratorium on them, and start banning people for them.

Maybe folks want to stop going down this route, before we decide we need to do that again.

MoonSong

Rules-lawyering drama queen but not a munchkin
I am sorry, but can someone explain what the warlord is exactly? As far as I can tell, reading between the lines of recent posts, it is a fighter/healer that is ridiculously OP, but don't worry, it doesn't use magic? I do not see the point in such a thing, other than to get around the gritty realism rules if your DM banished healing magic. Of course, the I have only ever played 5E, so sorry if I read it wrong.

I hate you Poe's law!

akr71

Hero
Having just (this past winter) gotten back into the game after a long hiatus - AD&D/1e, I don't even know what a Warlord is..

Nor do I want to. 5e isn't perfect, but it is fun! Anything I think is lacking, unclear or my table doesn't agree with, we homebrew or make our own rulings. Isn't that the point?

Just so everyone is aware - there was a time when use of sarcastic polls got pretty bad, such that we had to put a moratorium on them, and start banning people for them.

Maybe folks want to stop going down this route, before we decide we need to do that again.
I entirely respect and support this stance.

However, on the same basis, do you not see this being problematic as a statement of intent?:

Tony Vargas said:
The Warlord polls will continue until one of them results in the Warlord being voted down by a large enough margin.

Remove ads