• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dockside Diversion/Still Waters

Songdragon

Explorer
Zelena moves to the nearest bug...

(how high is the thing flying? Knowledge (nature) check on what these bugs as... 1d20+2=16)

[sblock=Zelena's Actions & Stats]Swift Action: Arcane strike
Move Action: move to J-5
Standard Action:
Free Action:
Miscellaneous Actions:

Zelena Andu Gnome Cleric 2/Bard 2
Initiative: +2 Perception: +10
Conditions: none
AC: 21 (13 touch; 19 flat-footed)
HP: 34 of 34
CMB: +1 CMD: 12 Fort: +5 Ref: +5 Will: +8
In Hand: long sword (+3, 1d6) and shield
Spells: Divine (0-level) Create Water, Detect Magic, Read Magic, Stabilize; (1st level) Bless, Air Bubble, Protection from Evil, Longstrider(d) (color notes a cast spell)
Arcane Spell Slots 0-level (at will) 1st level: 4 of 4 slots remaining (Grease, Silent Image, Vanish)
Channeling: 5 of 5 attempts remaining; Liberation: 1 of 1 attempts remaining; Agile Feet 5 of 5 attempts remaining

Celebfedhiin (Riding Dog)
Initiative: +2 Senses: low-light vision, scent Perception: +8
Conditions: none
AC: 15 (12 touch; 13 flat-footed)
HP: 13 of 13
CMB: +3 CMD: 15 (19 vs. trip) Fort: +5 Ref: +5 Will: +1
In Hand: Melee bite +3 (1d6+3 plus trip) [/sblock]
 

log in or register to remove this ad

Gerald007

First Post
From his own experience, Syl knew how much trouble swarms of little creatures could cause if they weren't quickly dealt with. As such, he also targets the swarm with a fiery spell of his own.

OOC: Standard action-Cast Flaming Sphere on the swarm. Reflex DC 17 to save or take 3d6 fire damage. Move action-none.




Mini Stats:
Sylvain Marana Human Witch 4
Initiative: +6 Perception: +2
Conditions: None
AC: 13 (13 touch; 11 flat-footed)
HP: 34/34
CMB: +1 CMD: 13 Fort: +3 Ref: +3 Will: +4
In Hand: None
Spells: Cantrips: Daze (DC 16), Detect Magic, Message, Stabliize
1st: Enlarge Person, Sleep x2 (DC 17), Shocking Grasp
2nd: Flaming Sphere (DC 17)*, Hold Person (DC 18), Vomit Swarm.
*means spell already cast.

Hexs: All available.
 

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter

Borric snarls, "Fookin' bugs?! GAH, I will try to hold them off."

He draws out one of his nice, new chakram, and sends it whirling to thunk into the deck at the feet of the nearest beetle.

Disappointed he remarks, "Dammit."

"Well hopefully one will impale itself on my polearm. Then I will have beetle on a pike to parade around at the tavern."


Borric stows his shield away and gets his guisarme ready to fend off the first one that tries to bite him or Zelena.

[sblock=Actions]Free Action: Talking & Quickdraw Chakram
Standard Action: Ranged attack on Beetle 3; MWK Chakram (1d20+7=10, 1d8+3=4)
Move Action: Stow Shield
Free Action: Talking & Quickdraw Guisarme
AoO: MWK Guisarme AoO (1d20+8=28, 2d4+4=10), MWK Guisarme Crit Confirm (1d20+8=24, 4d4+8=22); Total 33 damage.
Come on beetle, kill yourself! :devil:[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +4
AC: 23 (26 with shield, 24 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 43 Current: 43
CMB: +7 CMD: 20 (22 vs. Trip/Disarm) Fort: +6 Reflex: +3 Will: +2 (+3 vs. Fear)
Conditions in Effect: 10ft reach

Current Weapon in Hand: MWK Guisarme
Chakram: 1/2 MWK & 6/6 Cold Iron remaining
Light Hammers: 2/2 remaining[/sblock]___________________________

Swash1.jpg
Borric Hawkins
 

GlassEye

Adventurer
Nathan's mote bursts into a flash of magenta fire that sets the already agitated swarm to a state of heightened insectile irritation. It swarms erratically around the dock, driven by some unknown vermin motivation, looking for something to vent its irritation upon.

The three beetles are, at this point, only minorly agitated and fly up into the air in an ungainly buzzing of beetle wings only a few feet before dropping back down to the dock. Zelena has seen their type before in Starlight Keep where she and Fury and a couple of others cleared out the kobold lair. These are obviously fire beetles, easily identified by the glowing gland on their abdomens, but this species is much thicker of body with a heavier shell than those she encountered before.

Sylvain's flaming sphere bursts into existence within the swarm and scores of charred beetle husks drop to the dock.

Borric is not so lucky in his attack and the chakram gouges up splinters from the deck. A quick change of weaponry and Borric is ready for what may come next.

OOC: Combat: Round One; Zelena has a standard action remaining

[sblock=Combat Information]
Note: Each of the beetles is on some object (gangplank, crate, dock post) that elevates them from ‘ground’ level. They fly up into the air 5-10 ft. before dropping back down. Well within Zelena’s reach.

Initiative
Party
Beetles

Party Status
Borric: 43/43 hp remaining
Nathan: 22/22 hp remaining
Sylvain: 34/34 hp remaining
Zelena: 34/34 hp remaining

Spells Cast: Snapdragon Fireworks (Nathan), Flaming Sphere (Sylvain)
Conditions: Arcane Strike (Zelena), Mage Armor (Nathan)

Enemy Status
Beetle 1
Beetle 2
Beetle 3
Swarm: 6 dmg

Swarm Ref saves: 1d20+3=18, 1d20+3=13[/sblock]
 

Attachments

  • L4Dockside1a.jpg
    L4Dockside1a.jpg
    165 KB · Views: 280

Songdragon

Explorer
As the bug drops down, the gnome slashes at it with her axe...

[sblock=Zelena's Actions & Stats] Move Action: (moved)
Standard Action: Attack
Swift Action:
1d20+4=7 (nothing to see here, move along :blush:
Free Action:
Miscellaneous Actions:

Zelena Andu Gnome Cleric 2/Bard 2
Initiative: +2 Perception: +10
Conditions: arcane strike
AC: 21 (13 touch; 19 flat-footed)
HP: 34 of 34
CMB: +1 CMD: 12 Fort: +5 Ref: +5 Will: +8
In Hand: mithral battle axe +1 (+4, 1d6+1) and shield
Spells: Divine (0-level) Create Water, Detect Magic, Read Magic, Stabilize; (1st level) Bless, Air Bubble, Protection from Evil, Longstrider(d) (color notes a cast spell)
Arcane Spell Slots 0-level (at will) 1st level: 4 of 4 slots remaining (Grease, Silent Image, Vanish)
Channeling: 5 of 5 attempts remaining; Liberation: 1 of 1 attempts remaining; Agile Feet 5 of 5 attempts remaining

Celebfedhiin (Riding Dog)
Initiative: +2 Senses: low-light vision, scent Perception: +8
Conditions: none
AC: 15 (12 touch; 13 flat-footed)
HP: 13 of 13
CMB: +3 CMD: 15 (19 vs. trip) Fort: +5 Ref: +5 Will: +1
In Hand: Melee bite +3 (1d6+3 plus trip) [/sblock]
 

GlassEye

Adventurer
Zelena's axe is ill timed to compensate for the erratic flying of the beetle and the attack goes wide. The beetle is becoming more agitated with the gnome swinging at it and it nips Zelena causing a minor wound.

Borric's timing could hardly be more perfect. As the beetle flies towards him he seems to effortlessly lift his weapon into place and impale the beetle with a splatter of ichor that just barely misses him. The beetle's legs twitch a moment longer before falling still. A second beetle flies up to the fighter and snaps its mandibles just barely missing Borric.

The cloud of tiny beetles, sensing something to vent its aggression upon, surges forward in a pestilent black cloud to engulf the first living thing they encounter: Zelena. Beetles swarm all about her, landing on exposed flesh, crawling under clothing and armor, and leaving little welts wherever they go.

OOC: Combat: Round Two; everyone can act
Zelena: DC 14 Fort save to avoid distraction

[sblock=Combat Information]
Initiative
Party
Beetles

Party Status
Borric: 43/43 hp remaining
Nathan: 22/22 hp remaining
Sylvain: 34/34 hp remaining
Zelena: 28/34 hp remaining

Spells Cast: Snapdragon Fireworks (Nathan), Flaming Sphere (Sylvain)
Conditions: Arcane Strike (Zelena), Mage Armor (Nathan)

Enemy Status
Beetle 1
Beetle 2: 33 dmg.; dead
Beetle 3
Swarm: 6 dmg[/sblock]
 

Attachments

  • L4Dockside2.jpg
    L4Dockside2.jpg
    162.9 KB · Views: 273

Gerald007

First Post
Waltor screeches with horror as he sees Zelena get outnumbered by the attackers. "Hang on, Zelena. Look out, flames coming your way!" Syl screams, letting his friend know what was about to happen. With a flick of his finger the ball of fire rolls toward the swarm, attempting to roast more of the critters.

He then takes a moment to help Borric as well. "You know the drill, big guy. End that bug, you fraidy-cat," the witch tells his friend, blessing him iwth one of his favored hexes.

OOC: Move action-redirect Flaming Sphere to the swarm. DC 17 Reflex save or take damage. Standard action-use Fortune Hex on Borric (and let Borric choose at to whether he wants the reroll for attack or damage. Free action-talk.




Mini Stats:
Sylvain Marana Human Witch 4
Initiative: +6 Perception: +2
Conditions: None
AC: 13 (13 touch; 11 flat-footed)
HP: 34/34
CMB: +1 CMD: 13 Fort: +3 Ref: +3 Will: +4
In Hand: None
Spells: Cantrips: Daze (DC 16), Detect Magic, Message, Stabliize
1st: Enlarge Person, Sleep x2 (DC 17), Shocking Grasp
2nd: Flaming Sphere (DC 17)*, Hold Person (DC 18), Vomit Swarm.
*means spell already cast.
Hexs: Fortune Hex on Borric.
 

Songdragon

Explorer
((Fort save 1d20+5=14 Saves! ))

The gnome takes a step back from the swarm, especially at Syl's warning...

[sblock=Zelena's Actions & Stats]
Miscellaneous Actions: 5ft step to K5
Swift Action: Arcane Strike
Move Action:
Standard Action:Attack the B3 as it comes into range 1d20+4=17 if hit 1d6+1+1=3 damage... Yahtzee! :D
Free Action:

Zelena Andu Gnome Cleric 2/Bard 2
Initiative: +2 Perception: +10
Conditions: none
AC: 21 (13 touch; 19 flat-footed)
HP: 28 of 34
CMB: +1 CMD: 12 Fort: +5 Ref: +5 Will: +8
In Hand: mithral battle axe +1 (+4, 1d6+1) and shield
Spells: Divine (0-level) Create Water, Detect Magic, Read Magic, Stabilize; (1st level) Bless, Air Bubble, Protection from Evil, Longstrider(d) (color notes a cast spell)
Arcane Spell Slots 0-level (at will) 1st level: 4 of 4 slots remaining (Grease, Silent Image, Vanish)
Channeling: 5 of 5 attempts remaining; Liberation: 1 of 1 attempts remaining; Agile Feet 5 of 5 attempts remaining

Celebfedhiin (Riding Dog)
Initiative: +2 Senses: low-light vision, scent Perception: +8
Conditions: none
AC: 15 (12 touch; 13 flat-footed)
HP: 13 of 13
CMB: +3 CMD: 15 (19 vs. trip) Fort: +5 Ref: +5 Will: +1
In Hand: Melee bite +3 (1d6+3 plus trip) [/sblock]
 

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter

Borric twirls the polearm around his head as he step back from the next beetle, flinging guts off the blade as he remarks with a grin, "Ha! These things aren't so tough."

He slices at the beetle that tried to bite him. His guisarme slices into the carapace and exposes the insides to the dockside air.

[sblock=Actions]Free Action: Talking & 5ft step to M4
Standard Action: Reach attack on Beetle 1; Guisarme 1st roll (1d20+8=15, 2d4+4=9); Guisarme 2nd roll (1d20+8=21)
Move Action: None
AoO: If applicable, Guisarme AoO (1d20+8=19, 2d4+4=6)[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +4
AC: 23 (26 with shield, 24 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 43 Current: 43
CMB: +7 CMD: 20 (22 vs. Trip/Disarm) Fort: +6 Reflex: +3 Will: +2 (+3 vs. Fear)
Conditions in Effect: 10ft reach

Current Weapon in Hand: MWK Guisarme
Chakram: 1/2 MWK & 6/6 Cold Iron remaining
Light Hammers: 2/2 remaining[/sblock]___________________________

Swash1.jpg
Borric Hawkins
 

jkason

First Post
Nathan Tchanlach, human sorcerer

Nathan chuckles as the ball of flame continues to consume bugs, turning to the trio of sparking motes and saying, "Fine, if you think you can do better, have at."

Another of the sparkler-motes zigzags through the air with a high pitched whistle. This one erupts into a purple dragon-shaped fire amid the swarm.

Meanwhile, a pair of small glowing orbs appear over Nathan's opposite shoulder. The sorcerer nods in the direction of the bugs. "Come in pairs now, do you? Well, show me what you got."

The glowing orbs zip across the field of battle, as well, attacking what insects remain alive.

[sblock=actions]Move: send a second firework at the swarm. Fireworks damage (1d4=3).

DC 15 for half damage and to avoid dazzling (can swarms be dazzled?)

Standard: Magic Missle against whatever big bugs are still standing, if any:

Magic Missle Damage (1d4+1=5, 1d4+1=5)[/sblock]

[sblock=mini-stats] Fireworks: 2/4 remaining

Nathan Tchanlach Human Sorcerer 4
Initiative: +4 Perception: +0
Conditions: Mage Armor (+4 AC / 1 hour)
AC: 18 (18 touch; 15 flat-footed)
HP: 22/22
CMB: +2 CMD: 14 Fort: +3* Ref: +4* Will: +5*
* Additional +1 trait bonus vs. divine spells
Resistances: Resist 5 Acid and Cold.
In Hand: None
Spells: Cantrips (DC 14): Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Drench, Mending, Message, Prestidigitation, Spark
1st (DC 15): Bless, Grease (DC 16), Magic Missle, Snapdragon Fireworks, Summon Minor Monster. Remaining: 5/7
2nd (DC 16): Glitterdust (DC 17). Remaining: 4/4

Heavenly Fire: 7/7 remaining
[/sblock]
 

Remove ads

Top