• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Doctor Who 2007, Episode 3: Gridlock (Spoiler Alert!)

Raven Crowking

First Post
sniffles said:
From the return of the cat people and the Face of Boe to the reappearance of the Macra (anyone out there actually seen that episode?), it was great.

I've seen what film still exists. It is available on the The Missing Years collection.

Raven Crowking

First Post
Morrus said:
The corresponding Doctor Who: Confidential episode mentioned that this series will reveal two things: what FoB's prophecy means ("The Doctor thinks he's the only one left. The Face of Boe isn't lying, but the Doctor hasn't got it wrong, either"); plus we'll find out "who or what* the FoB is".

*I can't remember if they used the word "who" or "what". I think it was "who".

The Face of Boe might be:

* Ursula, from Love & Monsters.

* Cardinal Borussa or one of those other stone faces from The Five Doctors.

* All that remains of a Guardian of Time after the Time War.

* A disguised TARDIS.

* A disguised segment of the Key to Time.

Any other speculations?

The Isop Galaxy is, if memory serves, where the planet Vortis is located (The Web Planet), where the 1st Doctor encountered the Zarbi, the Menoptra, and the Animus.

RC

delericho

Legend
Raven Crowking said:
In Doomsday, we saw the Black Dalek escape using an "emergency time shift", so that explains the appearance of at least one Dalek, and possibly the entire Cult of Skaro.

Spoiler for next week:
I saw an advert on the BBC yesterday for this week's episode, which clearly showed three daleks (one black, two 'normal') in the same shot.

Even though most people believed to know what the final words of the Face of Boe where (and correctly did so), I still think it was pretty rewarding to actually hear it. Even if it means never seeing the Face again (if the Doctor and the Face of Boe really meet only three times).

The car lane scenario was absurd, but they made a very enjoyable episode from it, so I don't mind. (Not with Doctor Who. :) )

sniffles

First Post
Raven Crowking said:
I've seen what film still exists. It is available on the The Missing Years collection.
I meant, had anyone seen it in its entirety before it was destroyed. :p
If they'd been showing Doctor Who in the US in 1967 I might have seen it, but unfortunately they weren't. :(

Watched 'Gridlock' again last night with some friends. We all agreed it hangs together really well. If the episode quality continues at this level, Season 3 is going to be a blockbuster. :D

Remove ads