• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

DOCTOR WHO: "Deep Breath" (SPOILERS)

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
I never like the 'regeneration' episodes much.

I was disappointed that they didn't keep the DW as police box logo, because I thought that was clever and neat.

I was disappointed that they decided to inflate the tyrannosaurus hugely - since the largest specimen was 13ft high at the hips and Big Ben is 315ft high... it offends the paleontologist in me.

I wondered what the point of having the victorian agents do a dramatic entrance to fight against the clockwork robots only to be hugely ineffectual - especially since the robots seemed to have the common dr who vulnerability to being escapable by the simple 'walk briskly' approach.

Still, I think there is hope for Capaldi, and I look forward to seeing where he takes the character.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
I never like the 'regeneration' episodes much.

I was disappointed that they didn't keep the DW as police box logo, because I thought that was clever and neat.

I was disappointed that they decided to inflate the tyrannosaurus hugely - since the largest specimen was 13ft high at the hips and Big Ben is 315ft high... it offends the paleontologist in me.

I wondered what the point of having the victorian agents do a dramatic entrance to fight against the clockwork robots only to be hugely ineffectual - especially since the robots seemed to have the common dr who vulnerability to being escapable by the simple 'walk briskly' approach.

Still, I think there is hope for Capaldi, and I look forward to seeing where he takes the character.

Yes well walk briskly is a proper English way of solving things, so it seems entirely appropriate for Doctor Who. Which is somewhat ironic as they made a point of calling out Capaldis Scottish accent, along with eall the other meta-references they were loading in. I wonder if the dinosaur was suppose to be a metaphor for something too, although I'm not sure what.

I think the story was weak because the writers were loading in too many injokes and vague references or foreshadowings rather than writing a rollicking yarn. The robots could have been much better. The clockwork droids of Girl in the Fireplace were well executed, these reboots seemed a little off. The Paternoster Gang for all its potential did seem a little superfluous, although Jenny was a bit of alright posing in her all togethers:)

Remove ads