DOCTOR WHO: "Deep Breath" (SPOILERS)

For Missy, I was wondering if she might be Clara actually. Usually I am way off on these predictions though. I explained my reasons HERE along with one other idea.

IM glad im not the only one thinking Clara, but thinking on it some, maybe thats what Moffat wants us to think, arrgghhh, guess, we'll just have to wait and see. After watching the episode again, im wondering if she said im Missy, or Im Miss E?

MarkB

Legend
IM glad im not the only one thinking Clara, but thinking on it some, maybe thats what Moffat wants us to think, arrgghhh, guess, we'll just have to wait and see. After watching the episode again, im wondering if she said im Missy, or Im Miss E?

I wondered the same thing, but it didn't really seem to lead anywhere. I can't think of an existing character whose name begins with E that would be a good fit with what we've seen of "Missy".

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
With today's episode, I like Capaldi more. I can see where they're going with that.

Interesting intro to Danny Pink, the crying soldier.

The Doctor doesn't travel with soldiers, eh?

Missy takes another recently-deceased character who died in the Doctor's presence. Theme starting to appear there.

MarkB

Legend
I liked Capaldi's Doctor a lot in the second episode, and the central concept was clever and well done.

I do wish they'd do something new with the Daleks, though. Morally speaking, this episode was treading over exactly the same ground as "Dalek" and "Journey's End".

Cergorach

The Laughing One
I don't know what it is exactly, but I'm enjoying Doctor Who (new series) less then I used to.

I think that Capaldi is a good actor, but how the Doctor is now written I like him less. He's a bit Angsty imho... Not what I want in a Doctor Who episode...

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I don't know what it is exactly, but I'm enjoying Doctor Who (new series) less then I used to.

I think that Capaldi is a good actor, but how the Doctor is now written I like him less. He's a bit Angsty imho... Not what I want in a Doctor Who episode...

Weird. He's the antithesis of angsty! Tennant was a bit angsty; Capaldi is completely anti-angst. His Doctor utterly rejects angst.

Cergorach

The Laughing One
Weird. He's the antithesis of angsty! Tennant was a bit angsty; Capaldi is completely anti-angst. His Doctor utterly rejects angst.

The current Doctor seems confused, doesn't know whether he's good or bad (or which of the two he wants to be), doesn't know what he's supposed to do. And while he isn't pacing so much, it does feel like he's all over the place. The Doctor seems lost...

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
The current Doctor seems confused, doesn't know whether he's good or bad (or which of the two he wants to be), doesn't know what he's supposed to do. And while he isn't pacing so much, it does feel like he's all over the place. The Doctor seems lost...

Ah, got it. He asked Clara at one point if he was a good man? Sure, I guess that could be angsty. The other 44 of the 45 minutes were vociferously and determinedly anti-angst, though. At least by my understanding of angst.

Ah, got it. He asked Clara at one point if he was a good man? Sure, I guess that could be angsty. The other 44 of the 45 minutes were vociferously and determinedly anti-angst, though. At least by my understanding of angst.

Yeah, I wouldn't use the word angsty. This is definitely a darker doctor but not angsty that I an see. I think some of the earlier doctors would have been much more conflicted what happened with those two soldiers in the Dalek (he didn't seem particularly troubled). I would have expected a little more angst from Smith or tenant in those instances.

Remove ads