Doctor Who Series 6 Fall run

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Did they depict that in any way because I think I missed that..

Can't remember; I guess they must have done because the BBC's episode description says "After traveling for 200 years and leaving messages for Amy Pond across time and space, the Doctor realizes his time is up, its time to settle down and accept his future at Lake Silencio. . . . . .But not before one last goodbye. The Doctor travels to England and visits Craig and Sophie, who are now happily married and struggling with parenthood. Not everything is well, as the Doctor soon finds himself miraculously working at a shop and battling Cybermen."

And Confidential definitely said it more than once.

GreyLord

Legend
I'm wondering after last week if they'll have a two parter...where much is handled with the season finale...only to have you wait till Christmas for the wrap up...wouldn't that be a kicker!

Is it scheduled to be the normal length, or is it going to be a longer episode. I'm trying to figure how they'll wrap it all up in a single episode of normal length.

BrooklynKnight

First Post
Can't remember; I guess they must have done because the BBC's episode description says "After traveling for 200 years and leaving messages for Amy Pond across time and space, the Doctor realizes his time is up, its time to settle down and accept his future at Lake Silencio. . . . . .But not before one last goodbye. The Doctor travels to England and visits Craig and Sophie, who are now happily married and struggling with parenthood. Not everything is well, as the Doctor soon finds himself miraculously working at a shop and battling Cybermen."

And Confidential definitely said it more than once.

It wasn't obvious in the show itself at all and that leaves me wondering if he wasn't lying about the 200 years from the very start. If Amy and Rory knew he was about to walk to his Death a few days after he dropped them off she never would have left. It makes sense as a lie....plus I don't think the Doctor could honestly go 200 years without a Companion. He's too lonely.

Maybe they flubbed? Eh, I guess it doesn't really matter, I'm still enjoying the whole ride.

GreyLord

Legend
It wasn't obvious in the show itself at all and that leaves me wondering if he wasn't lying about the 200 years from the very start. If Amy and Rory knew he was about to walk to his Death a few days after he dropped them off she never would have left. It makes sense as a lie....plus I don't think the Doctor could honestly go 200 years without a Companion. He's too lonely.

Maybe they flubbed? Eh, I guess it doesn't really matter, I'm still enjoying the whole ride.

Who says he didn't have a companion during that time. It's a clean slate for them to make another show, fill in later, or whatever they want to do with it.

MarkB

Legend
I'm wondering after last week if they'll have a two parter...where much is handled with the season finale...only to have you wait till Christmas for the wrap up...wouldn't that be a kicker!

Is it scheduled to be the normal length, or is it going to be a longer episode. I'm trying to figure how they'll wrap it all up in a single episode of normal length.

This Saturday's show is normal length, and will be followed by the opening episode of the new season of Merlin.

GreyLord

Legend
This Saturday's show is normal length, and will be followed by the opening episode of the new season of Merlin.

Thanks. That means if the wrap up takes longer...perhaps they'll do a tie in to the Christmas special...or not. I have no idea how they'll wrap it all up in one episode...but I'm certain that if they do wrap it up, they obviously have some idea on how they are going to do it.

BrooklynKnight

First Post
Who says he didn't have a companion during that time. It's a clean slate for them to make another show, fill in later, or whatever they want to do with it.

I'm not sure I follow. How is it a clean slate? He dropped off Amy and Rory because he knows he keeps ruining his companions lives. He dropped them off intentionally so he could be alone so they could live their lives. PLUS if he knew he was going to go see them in their past he couldn't bring them along.

Also one of the fundamental features of Doctor Who has been that we never really know how long each generation of the Doctor will last. Just how long is Matt Smith gonna stick around for that 200 year spin-off?

It just doesn't make sense, it's really bad writing and Moffat is usually great and sneaking in foreshadowing and clues. A lie makes more sense.

It doesn't really matter though. I love the show and I'm looking forward to the finale, counting the minutes even. This one thing just became a pet peeve but I'll get over it. It's no worse a continuity issue then any of the dozens in Trek or Wars or Gate.

Pinotage

Explorer
I'm not sure I follow. How is it a clean slate? He dropped off Amy and Rory because he knows he keeps ruining his companions lives. He dropped them off intentionally so he could be alone so they could live their lives. PLUS if he knew he was going to go see them in their past he couldn't bring them along.

Also one of the fundamental features of Doctor Who has been that we never really know how long each generation of the Doctor will last. Just how long is Matt Smith gonna stick around for that 200 year spin-off?

It just doesn't make sense, it's really bad writing and Moffat is usually great and sneaking in foreshadowing and clues. A lie makes more sense.

It doesn't really matter though. I love the show and I'm looking forward to the finale, counting the minutes even. This one thing just became a pet peeve but I'll get over it. It's no worse a continuity issue then any of the dozens in Trek or Wars or Gate.

Well said. My sentiments also.

Pinotage

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member

It's not a continuity issue. That requires a continuity error; there is none.

You not liking a plot decision is not a continuity issue; it's a preference.

I agree I'd have liked to see a sequence depicting the passage of 200 years. But we didn't; we were simply told about it. I'd be with you if you said it was dealt with unsatisfactorily; but not when you say it's a continuity error.

It was set 200 years after the previous one. Whether or not you believe that it was, it was.

Last edited:

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
The dept store ep seemed like filler to me with a few brief bright spots (the name "Stormageddon" for instance) and some cleanup of details. Of course, there will always be better and lesser episodes in any series. I look forward to seeing how they work out the death so they can move on.

Remove ads