D&D 4E Does anyone agree with me about 4E?

Cadfan

First Post
I recently learned of a change that is not going to be made for 4th Edition. I AM SO MAD! Not because I wanted the change, no. I hate the rejected idea. I'm mad because they THOUGHT ABOUT THE CHANGE LONG ENOUGH TO DECIDE NOT TO DO IT! This clearly shows that horrible ideas have insinuated themselves into the minds of the developers, and 4e will suck.

Cadfan said:
I recently learned of a change that is not going to be made for 4th Edition. I AM SO MAD! Not because I wanted the change, no. I hate the rejected idea. I'm mad because they THOUGHT ABOUT THE CHANGE LONG ENOUGH TO DECIDE NOT TO DO IT! This clearly shows that horrible ideas have insinuated themselves into the minds of the developers, and 4e will suck.
I will enter a long-winded, several post long back & forth discussion with you explaining why you are wrong or unreasonable, despite me having a lot better things to do, and it only winds me up and makes me angry every time I post, read or think about it.

First Post
I post the same point that has been made at least as forcefully many times before in this thread. I have a deep need to feel that I am being recognized for having that good idea as well, though.

Oh, and a requisite smiley: :D

Cadfan

First Post
I would like to clarify a comment I made previously in this thread, as you illiterate rubes insist upon willfully misinterpreting me.

Cadfan said:
Anyone who plays Halo is a loser.

The meaning of my statement should be obvious, but for some reason you fools keep misinterpreting me. Even a moderator failed to understand my crystal clear point! So allow me to explain.

Halo is a very difficult game. While it may be technically possible to beat Halo on your first try without your character dying even one time, I am skeptical that this has ever occurred. Having your character die in Halo is "losing." As every player of Halo has lost at some point, this means that every player of Halo is a "person who has lost," or, as anyone with a modicum of comprehension of English grammar understands, a "loser."

My post was completely inoffensive, and I take great umbrage in the way that so many have so offensively responded to me. I expect apologies post-haste.

And for the record, anyone who plays Halo 2 could have their intelligence unfavorably compared to a lungfish. My completely inoffensive meaning should be clear even to you people, I hope.

Meeki

First Post
Well, I'm sorry to report but I used this equation to project the popularity of D&D 4E:

Present value of the popularity of 4th ed in time t = ((A^b)+(I^a))/(1-r)^t

The answer is clearly a number greater than 0 at any time in the future. Thus making my opinion correct.

KoshPWNZYou

First Post
Cadfan said:
I would like to clarify a comment I made previously in this thread, as you illiterate rubes insist upon willfully misinterpreting me.

You are now officially on my ignore list.

Well, no, you're not. I'm just telling you that you are so that you won't bother responding. A false ignore is the perfect device, see? I announce that your statements aren't worth reading, and at the same time I spare myself having to read a response to that announcement. An insult without anything so bothersome as a counterinsult.

Why is the ignore false? Well, because I have to read what you write! It's like slowing down when I drive past a traffic accident or biting a sore on the inside of my cheek. It's something horribly distasteful and I wish it weren't there ... but I just can't leave it alone. I have to see what it's like. I have to see just how bad it is.

In a week you'll post something that will annoy me so much that I'll just have to offer an angry retort. I'll hope that you'll have forgotten my 'ignore list' declaration. Or maybe I'll have forgotten it. Or both. Maybe my retort will include an announcement that I'm putting you on ignore. None of that matters, though. That's a week from now. I live for the present.

btw, this is the 43rd time I've had to add an ENWorld member to my ignore list.

Or is it? :uhoh:

What I think everyone is losing sight of is the simple fact that my preferred methods for pretending to be elves and wizards are perfect, and inherently superior to your preferred methods. If everyone would just realize this, all issues would finally be solved.

Oh, and despite my long record of insulting and trollish posts, I point out to someone who disagrees with me that he should stop being so childish and take the high road when he posts. I then refer to his parentage in a negative light.

Epic Meepo

Adventurer
I am offended at the ongoing attention that the WotC designers are paying to video game mechanics. WotC should not hire designers who are willing to consider using video game mechanics. In fact, WotC should not hire designers who so much as understand the mechanics of any existing game, D&D included.

I insist that WotC immediately replace its current game designers with people who have never heard of roleplaying games, having lived their entire lives in the depths of the Amazon jungle. These objective, untainted individuals will obviously be better equipped to design games than people who are acquainted with roleplaying, video games, and indoor plumbing.

As I have referenced opinions stated in a non-humor thread, I now append a smiley. :)

The inclusion of a smiling cartoon person indicates that I am using tongue-in-cheek humor, and for some reason, this means that all offensive remarks that I have made are absolved.

Epic Meepo

Adventurer
Fifth Element said:
What I think everyone is losing sight of is the simple fact that my preferred methods for pretending to be elves and wizards are perfect, and inherently superior to your preferred methods. If everyone would just realize this, all issues would finally be solved.
I now quote and enthusiastically agree with a statement made by a prolific poster. By feigning interest in his opinions, I am creating the illusion that I am actually interested in rational discourse. Later, when I ignore other posters' opinions in order to blindly state my own, I will be able to refer back to this post as evidence that I have clearly been trying to engage in a respectful debate.

Last edited:

Remove ads