Domhani Bairdéir 03

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Skáth Goes Exploring

No one is outside the door, and he did not have to unlock it. He is in a large room that plainly occupies the entire area of the house directly under the roof. There are a few doors that plainly give access to individual rooms like the one he just exited. From where he is (close to the south end of the house), Skáth sees no other signs of egress from this area.

mleibrock

First Post
exploring

Mowgli said:
No one is outside the door, and he did not have to unlock it. He is in a large room that plainly occupies the entire area of the house directly under the roof. There are a few doors that plainly give access to individual rooms like the one he just exited. From where he is (close to the south end of the house), Skáth sees no other signs of egress from this area.

Am I clear on this? When I exited the storeroom, I exited into a larger room with several doors off of it - like the one I just left? This room seems to be the center of which the other rooms are offshoots? Are there stairs from here to the next level down? What is in this larger rom? How many doors are off of it?

Scotley

Hero
"Loyal hardworking citizens, we are here representing the Queen on a most important mission. The labors you have completed have not gone unnoticed at the highest levels. The fine work done here is the envy of the Empire. We are here to present a special award to one of your number today in recognition of your exemplary work. A round of applause for yourselves please." He begins to clap and gives an encouraging glance to his fellows to emulate the act. "We are here not only for accolades, but to present tangible rewards for service rendered." He gestures to Cairn and the things he is holding. "Not only our praise, but a bottle of fine wine, a certificate of recognition suitable for framing and best of all, dinner for two at the finest restaurant in the city all courtesy her majesty's government." A takes a moment for breath and then with a final statement moves to shake hands with each of the clerks and get their name. "I am Gavril Lorant, I and my companions in the Bairdeir are better known for our special service to Queen in keeping the citizens of the Empire safe. But let me tell you that we take great pride in having the opportunity to recognize the talents of others who are cogs in the great machine of Empire."

OOC: How is he being received? Here's a roll in case you need one.
check (3d6=10)

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Skáth Goes Exploring

mleibrock said:
Am I clear on this? When I exited the storeroom, I exited into a larger room with several doors off of it - like the one I just left? This room seems to be the center of which the other rooms are offshoots? Are there stairs from here to the next level down? What is in this larger rom? How many doors are off of it?

Picture it as a large attic - rafters and all - with several smaller individual rooms put in somewhat haphazardly. The individual rooms are not connected - you could walk around at least three walls on each of them, four walls on many. It's a big area, and the rafters and rooms interfere with your line of sight from one end to the other. It's also dim, which doesn't give Skáth any trouble. From where you are you cannot see any stairs/trap doors/etc. but there are a lot of areas you can't see directly from where you are.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
The Críu Puts On A Show

Scotley said:
"Loyal hardworking citizens, we are here representing the Queen on a most important mission. The labors you have completed have not gone unnoticed at the highest levels. The fine work done here is the envy of the Empire. We are here to present a special award to one of your number today in recognition of your exemplary work. A round of applause for yourselves please." He begins to clap and gives an encouraging glance to his fellows to emulate the act. "We are here not only for accolades, but to present tangible rewards for service rendered." He gestures to Cairn and the things he is holding. "Not only our praise, but a bottle of fine wine, a certificate of recognition suitable for framing and best of all, dinner for two at the finest restaurant in the city all courtesy her majesty's government." A takes a moment for breath and then with a final statement moves to shake hands with each of the clerks and get their name. "I am Gavril Lorant, I and my companions in the Bairdeir are better known for our special service to Queen in keeping the citizens of the Empire safe. But let me tell you that we take great pride in having the opportunity to recognize the talents of others who are cogs in the great machine of Empire."

OOC: How is he being received? Here's a roll in case you need one.
check (3d6=10)

At first the clerks appear somewhat confused and anxious, but as Gavril speaks they warm up to him and begin looking around at each other and smiling, and when he asks for applause they move from behind their tables and begin clapping and patting each other on the back.

Each offers his name freely as Gavril makes his rounds. Donnchadh proves to be a tall, thin man with shoulders stooped from hunching over his table and a perpetual squint from hours of detailed illumination and scribing. He nervously offers ink-stained fingers to Gavril as he makes his introductions, but his grip is strong. He is third from last to introduce himself.

Leif

Adventurer
Cairn MacSidhe

Scotley said:
OOC: Cairn, holding the bottle of wine and the certificate, beams and smiles broadly as Gavril makes this presentation. (He thinks, "I just knew that Gavril was the man for this job!")

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
A Plan Comes Together

The first to introduce himself to Gavril, Liamh Saoiste, speaks up.

"I am the supervisor of these scribes. You may use my office if it pleases you!" He promptly shows the Críu into a fairly small room off to one side. The room does have a door so there will be some privacy.

Leif

Adventurer
Cairn MacSidhe

OOC: Is there room enough for the entire criu plus a worker being interviewed? If not, Cairn will volunteer to post himself as a sentry just outside the door, where, hopefully, he can still hear what's being said within.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
OOC:

Just outside the door will be more comfortable than inside. Also, the door is thin, so Cairn's presence outside might encourage discourage other evesdroppers.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases