Domhani Bairdéir 03

Scotley

Hero
Gavril

Gavril will keep it light just a little longer, using bits of information he has gleened from the other interviews to make it seem as if he is very aware of what goes on here. Then he'll drop the big questions. "I sense there is something more you want to get off your chest. Is there anything you think we as Bairdéir should know about? Anything important to the realm you want to tell me?"

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
The Interview

"I've heard there are disturbing things happening in the city. A friend of mine in the palace guard service disappeared last night - he did not appear for his duties today. I am worried about him."

mleibrock

First Post
Skáth

If all the other rooms in the attic have been searched, he will move to the hall.

OCC - No need for a ladder silly human!! All the ceilings here high? If so Skáth will move near the ceiling to help avoid being seen and as quickly as possible to the first door he sees.

Scotley

Hero
Mowgli said:
"I've heard there are disturbing things happening in the city. A friend of mine in the palace guard service disappeared last night - he did not appear for his duties today. I am worried about him."

"You are a smart fellow, you know there is more to this than just awarding a prize. We wanted to give anyone who needed to talk to us a way to do it that wouldn't put them in further danger. Yes, there are some distrubing things going on in the city. We have reason to believe a guard was killed last night. There is futher reason to believe that others may be in danger. If you have any information now is the time to give it. If you feel you might be in danger yourself we can see you safely out of the city."

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Donnchadh Speaks (Sorry for the Delay)

The fellow looks indecisive for another moment, then visibly comes to a decision.

"I overheard a conversation between three people several days ago. I don't know who they were, but from the content of their conversation they are military, and since they were within these walls I have to assume they belong to Maor Clún's militia or guard. They were talking about plans to kill the Maor, because 'she can't control him as well as she'd like.' They also said, 'As long as he's wearing the ring we won't have too much trouble, but she still doesn't feel comfortable. She'll want to take him out of the picture as soon as she can.'

I also think that the Maor has some sort of action planned against Radharc. There's a 'state visit' in the works, but there's also an awful lot of activity amongst the military types - more than there should be for the kind of visit they have planned. It doesn't make sense, because the Maor has been friends with Maor Radharc for as long as I can remember - long before Queen Máthair began her reign. They fought the Queen together, and surrendered together as well."

Leif

Adventurer
Cairn MacSidhe

OOC: Oh my, this post opens SEVERAL cans of worms! Not only that, it also slings the worms around the room quite liberally. Where is Radharc located in relation to Clun?

Cairn listens intently to the conversation on the other side of the door. He wishes he could comment, but he won't risk someone "inappropriate" overhearing his words, so he says nothing. Cairn trusts his fellow Bairdeir to conduct a thorough investigation and ask the necessary questions of this witness.

[sblock=GM] :heh: sorry. fixed.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[sblock=For Cairn/Leif]Clún and Radharc were the two city-states who's leaders were allowed to remain as Maor after they were assimilated into the Queen's newly formed country. This was because both were excellent leaders previous to the Queen's takeover, and because they fought with such honor and surrendered in order to save their people more grief/loss/etc.

Radharc is much smaller than Clún and borders it to the NorthWest.

Unfortunately, however, Cairn is outside the room (unless I missed a post where he entered) and - while he can almost certainly hear the conversation through the door if he's listening carefully - he is not really in a position to comment w/out being himself overheard by the other scribes in the main area.[/sblock]

Scotley

Hero
Gavril

"Very good, you've helped us immeasurably. You say three people and one was a woman? What of the other two. Now think back to the sound of their voices for me. Old or young? Local accent or maybe from somewhere else? It sounds as if the woman was the leader, is that your impression? What of the other two, both important people or did one defer to the others?"

Remove ads