Domhani Bairdéir 03

Leif

Adventurer
Cairn MacSidhe

Mowgli said:
OOC: Just outside the door will be more comfortable than inside. Also, the door is thin, so Cairn's presence outside might encourage discourage other evesdroppers.
OOC: Then Cairn will post himself just outside the door (preferably leaning against it to better overhear what's said within), and he will nonchalantly test the sharpness of each of his axes with his thumb (being verrrry careful, only LOOKING nonchalant, of course) to further discourage anyone else from getting too close while Gavril does his thang.

mleibrock

First Post
Skáth

Mowgli said:
Picture it as a large attic - rafters and all - with several smaller individual rooms put in somewhat haphazardly. The individual rooms are not connected - you could walk around at least three walls on each of them, four walls on many. It's a big area, and the rafters and rooms interfere with your line of sight from one end to the other. It's also dim, which doesn't give Skáth any trouble. From where you are you cannot see any stairs/trap doors/etc. but there are a lot of areas you can't see directly from where you are.

Skáth will begin searching the rooms one by one. He will be on the lookout for any traps or hidden areas as he does so.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Skáth in the Attic

It quickly becomes apparent that no one's been in this attic for a long time. A thick layer of dust, unmarked by any prints other than those of cats and rats, covers everything. The individual rooms are filled with odds and ends - furniture, paintings, rugs and tapestries, statuary, etc.

As he makes his way across the large open area, Skáth does eventually find a trap door in the floor.

Scotley

Hero
"Very good Liamh I would be happy to use you office. I am sorry for any inconvenience. As supervisor I'd like to speak with you first." He addresses the group. "I am eager to speak with each of you."

OOC: Sorry for the delays in posting. Okay, I don't know how much of this you want to play out. We could spend a couple of weeks just chatting about clerk stuff, but that doesn't make for very exciting role-play. Especially since most of the party is just leaning on the door. Gavril's intention is to play it out something like this. What do you do here? What accomplishments are you most proud of? What do you like about your job? How do you get along with the other areas of the Maor's staff? Why should you be the one to win the prize? Then once he gets them talking and particularly when he gets to the man we came to see he'll drop most of the 'good ole' boy from the home office bit and ask--Is there anything you think we as Bairdéir should know about? Anything important to the realm you want to tell me? He'll make it clear that anything the clerks say is confidential and won't get back to the supervisor, the Maor or anyone local. Once each interview is over he'll leave each fellow with a joke and make sure each man leaves the office with a smile or laughter and a pat on the back in case anyone is suspicious.

If you'd prefer to play out each encounter or some of them I'm up for that too. I just don't want Gavril to hog too much of the spotlight. I'm sure he annoys the other players enough already.

Leif

Adventurer
Cairn MacSidhe

Cairn will also act as doorman for the clerks as they enter and leave their interviews, giving each of them a grim look of profound sorrow and certain doom when he/she enters, and a pleasant smile when he/she leaves.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
OOC: I think we can move through these interviews as Scotley suggested, and just play out the one with the fellow you want (Donnchadh).

IC:

Donnchadh enters the room hesitantly, with something of a hunted air. He takes the offered seat and responds to the superficial questions, beginning to warm up after a little.

Remove ads